Re: Verizon not honoring promotion
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi travelnrn,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
jj3215
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey, I was hoodwinked, too!  My internet price jumped up at the end of a promotion.  I called on Jan 19 and talked with Kirsten who was working form Florida.  She actually listened to my complaint, reinstated the price I was previously paying (plus a few dollars)  and said I would be refunded the differences over the past several months.

I just received a new bill.  The price was unchanged.  No refund.  I called and there was 'no change to the account recorded on Jan 19'.

I have the option to switch to Comcast in my town.  After five years as a Verizon customer I am leaving.  I do not like to be lied to.

-Joe

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jj3215,

Sorry you are having difficulty with your billing. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
fstr

I have the same issue.  I renewed my 2yr contract in April of 2015 it was up for renewal May of 2015. I am with verizon fios till 2017. The only reason I went with the two year contract was for the tablet voucher.

I just got off the phone with rebate/promotions, alhtough I had the certiicate on my account, they had not sent it out. Now they are allegedly sending out the certificate for the tablet in 30-40 days. Today is July, the certificate expires in September. 30 days will place it begining of August and 40 days September. 

0 Likes
duchydog

I signed up by phone to an offer that now Verizon won't honor. I had received a postcard that promised:

The Fios triple play for $79.99 without a contract. 

Then, if we signed a two year agreement, three additional perks: no charge for one HD box for a year, a $300 gift card that will supposedly arrive three months from now, and one year of the movie channel package for free (a $49.99 value). The card does not suggest that there are any conditions other than the two-year contract, and specifies that the offer is good until 8/15/15. 

I made two different installation appointments (the first was not scheduled as I had been promised) but no one on the phone can confirm for me that this offer exists. After activation, I called twice again, and each of those times was told that someone would call me back... but no call back.

I don't understand why Verizon thinks they can send postcards advertising offers that then their staff claim "just don't exist," although they can offer me a lesser discount just because they are trying to be flexible and "offer good customer service." 

I live in New York State -- does anyone know who regulates our cable providers?

Thanks!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi duchydog,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@duchydog wrote:

I live in New York State -- does anyone know who regulates our cable providers?

Thanks!

Typically your local municipality, if they signed a Franchise Agreement with Verizon for your town. If it's phone service, the Public Utilities Commission. If it's Internet service... well the FCC seems to have taken on that role as of recent.

0 Likes