Verizon online chat says prorated charge, but phone support doesn't
Fa0001

I was moving and the place I was moving to alreayd has internet so I can't really transfer my current plan there. I know i had to pay the early termination fee. I tried to terminate it on saturday through online chat but was told that I had to call Monday since they can't do that online for security purposes.

Let me just say Verizon support absolute sucks. I was told my two separate online chat agents that told me that my final Fios bill will be pro-rated so I was like, cool. Verzion is doing everything to keep the customers happy and honestly, it is fair that you pay for what you use. Today I called and was told that no pro-rated credit will be given. I was pretty mad because I was given two answers previously that told me I would get the pro-rated credit. It even states on their website that the pro-rated credit will be given. https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/account/pay-bill/final-bill

Anyways, just need to let others know that Verizon WILL NOT give you pro-rated credit back if you terminate. I will definitely take this into account when choosing future internet plans.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon online chat says prorated charge, but phone support doesn't
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Others have stated, that monthly bills are not prorated per terms of service.

Your ETF is prorated per the terms of service.

0 Likes