Verizon optimizer
amahdi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I tried to install the verizon optimizer on Windows, but it does not run, tried on different PC same issue, any clue!! Thanks

Tags (1)
Re: Verizon optimizer
jonjones1
Legend

@amahdi wrote:

Hi, I tried to install the verizon optimizer on Windows, but it does not run, tried on different PC same issue, any clue!! Thanks

It’s crapware. Don’t need it, should not install it.

its like the antivirus by McAfee or Norton. They do more harm then good.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Too be clearer, it hasn't been needed for more recent version of PC or Mac.  I think it last had some value on PC's was Windows XP. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@tns2 wrote:

Too be clearer, it hasn't been needed for more recent version of PC or Mac.  I think it last had some value on PC's was Windows XP. 

That may have been. But it was crap to begin with. 

Reminds me when AOL came on the scene which was up against Prodgy and Compuserve (who by the way where much more expensive than AOL) AOL had an optimizer with their GUI. People bought into the scam. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jonjones wrote:

@tns2 wrote:

That may have been. But it was crap to begin with. 

Reminds me when AOL came on the scene which was up against Prodgy and Compuserve (who by the way where much more expensive than AOL) AOL had an optimizer with their GUI. People bought into the scam. 

Actually what id does was useful in the windows XP days.  Listed below.  They just are not useful changes for later version of windows.  Perhaps even being negative.

Which parameters and settings does the Speed Optimizer modify?

1. TCP 1323 Extensions - This parameter enables enhancements to the TCP/IP
    protocol that provide improved performance over high speed connections.

2. TCP Receive Window - This parameter specifies the number of bytes a sender
    (the source you are downloading from) may transmit without receiving an
    acknowledgment. Modifying it determines the maximum size offered by the system.

3. MTU (Maximum Transmission Units) - The MTU defines the largest single unit
    of data that can be transmitted over your connection. The FiOS network
    requires an MTU of 1492 bytes.
0 Likes