Verizon overcharging
fitzgas
Enthusiast - Level 1

My not for profit group has had a FIOS account for almost two years.  We were promised a monthly price of $99.99 for Fios internet & phone(2 lines).  This was the  promotion at the time. To date we have never received the proper billing.  Customer reps have gotten credits applied to past overpayments, and supposedly had the pricing corrected on multiple occasions.  I just received the June bill for $165.59 (with taxes).  We are also eligible to purchase through the NYS contract.

I'm voting to go back to AT&T for the phones, our internet, and change our Verizon wireless account ($345.00/month) over to someone else.  This is nuts.  If anyone from Verizon would like to save their account they are welcome to contact me, but real soon.

Re: Verizon overcharging
Namronorman
Contributor - Level 2

If you look through the forums, it's just a ton of people complaining and receiving zero help or being jerked around by staff. I think your best bet is to look elsewhere for service.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi fitzgas,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,

We are very sorry that we couldn't reach you. Please come back and let us know you still require our assistance.

Thank you,

Bert

0 Likes
Rabah
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share this bad experience with Verizon

I added a service (pacakge) in June around the 18th I did it online, yesterday I wanted to cancel the service (a package from the interantional packages available) I went online no way to do it.

1- I went on my profile pagewith all my services 

2- Unchecked the service I want to remove got he confirmation pop up are your sure...

3- Then no were to go, I chat online I was told just to check out and I will be able to remove the service, unfortunetly the check out works on verizon website if you add a service but does not work on removing a service.

4- After 30 minutes chatting Iwas asked to contact customer service, it took me 15 mnutes t explain that I just need to remove the package from my services that I don't need anymore, she asked me for all my info then she said it's done it's removed.

5- I checked my emails and I found a confirmation from verison that my service has changed which make sens except that:

5-1 I was moved to another plan TV?Internet my speed was 150/150 and they moved me to 50/50 etc...

I called Nice guy he apologized and said it was a problem in the system so they will just give me back my original plan basse of 179 dollars with my tv plan and internet speed etc...

6- I recievd an email and I wa switched to my original speed but my plane was jumping from 179. base to 229.99 

7- Called again new agent I was told I'm keeping changing my plan? when The only reason I called was to remove an international package that is sold separtely for 16.99 per month? after 30 minutes on the phone I asked to talk  to  a manager and explained the situation, He said he will work on it and get back to me the next day when I mentioned that i will spread this online he agreed to take care of it and email me a confirmation that I'm justetting my base price as it was before and that the extra service was removed.

8- He emailed me I check the first part of the email that says I'm back to my base price of 179 dollars etc... 

I was Ok after 2 hours between the chat online / first cal to remove the package / second to get my speed back / 3 call to get my bill at the same level it use to be....

That's a nice end? We not done yet.

LATER I OPENED MY EMAIL AND WENT TO THE BUTOM WHERE IT SAYS MY NEXT BILL WILL BE 380 DOLLARS WHEN IT ISE TO BE 215 AFTER ALL TAXES AND FEES....

9- i called again asked to talk to a manager - No way they all busy then the lady said she will try to help me explaining the bill.

9-1 They charged 100 dollars for chaning my plan

9-2 They also charged a one time fee of 33 dollars

I'M CHANGING  MY PLAN ? WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO FIX A PROBLEM IN YOUR SYSTEM? TO BRING ME BACK TO MY PLAN?   

10- She offered me a credit to compensate? $126.36 when the credit to bring back my next bill to 215 (my original bill) should have been $165.71.

No email confiramtion about the credit of 126.36 dollars anyway until this morning here a copy of the first sentences

Dear Valued Verizon Customer, 

As a result of your recent inquiry, we have issued a credit in the amount of $ 36.99 on your........

NO SERIOUS.... THIS IS BUSINESS?

It's the first time I'm getting so disapointed with their customer service, not handlaing their probleme and glitch in their system. I have a copy of all the chat calls and emails

I will contact FCC the BBB The departement of state and any other place you guys can suggest

Thanks

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Rabah,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes