Verizon quantum gateway router and 2 Xbox ones nat type open?
toddzillainla

Hello, so Verizon sent me there new router quantum gateway, I have 2 Xbox ones. Upnp is enabled and I have both xbox ones set to static ip. I have one xbox in dmz and the other xbox has all the ports forwarded udp 88, 3074, 53, 500, 3544, 4500, tcp 3074, 53, 80. Both Xbox ones in settings / network show nat type open but in call of duty advanced warfare multiplayer/ xboxlive screen. what ever Xbox one turns on first says nat type open and the other says moderate. Hopefully someone here can help cause I can't find any information anywhere and Verizon technical support has no clue

Thanks in advanced

0 Likes
Re: Verizon quantum gateway router and 2 Xbox ones nat type open?
toddzillainla
Months later and I still can't find a fix for this, anyone have any experience with using the g1100 with a netgear or links router connected to it? Maybe this is the next option
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since you have UPnP enabled in the router, you do not need to forward ports.

0 Likes
toddzillainla
i understand that but with just upnp enabled i don't get open Nat
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Fully open nat is often not necessary.  What problem do you have.  Note there is often a problem when two devices are both trying to open ports (you said 2 xbox ones).  In such cases port forwarding may go to only one device. 

I am not familiar enough with the quantum router to recommend how to configure.  With some routers you have to just not block such ports.  Works best if port forwarding is not needed.

0 Likes
toddzillainla
If I have both Xbox ones on at the same time and both try to play advanced warfare at the same time which ever one turns on first gets open Nat and the other moderate, the huge problem is we compete in clan wars and its almost impossible to connect to a lobby
0 Likes