Verizon refuses to honor full amount of gift card..
benztof1

After hearing all the fuss about Verizon Fios and how great it is, we finally decided to make the switch when it arrived in our neighborhood.  The timing seemed perfect with Verizon running a $400 giftcard promotion when signing up to a triple play package.  We did sign up and were convinced to purchase the sports package which was a step above the basic package.  Lets first say that the "sports package" is a joke which doesn't include NFL network or ESPN NEWS.. Are you serious?  These channels were standard with Time Warner.  Also, Verizon brags that their internet is fast with the fiber optic cables and such.. With a supposed higher download speed and upload speed, I find my internet running slower than ever compared with previous carriers.  

The icing on the cake however is when I received the gift card in the mail.  Verizon sent a $300 gift card when I was promised and signed up for the $400 promotion.  After speaking with a customer service representative, I was told that there are no records of our initial conversation.  How convenient!! How do you not have a record of the initial conversation where all the details and the most important parts were discussed.  We were told that there was nothing that could be done.. This is a load of horse **bleep**..  I understand that I should have checked the details on the sports package but not honoring a gift card.?  This has been a horrible start to our 2 year relationship with Verizon.  Unless this problem is fixed immediately I will be pulling the plug on this service and telling all around me to do the same.. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon refuses to honor full amount of gift card..
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi benztof1,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon refuses to honor full amount of gift card..
benztof1

Thank you.. Can you please advise the agent to email me at the secondary email of {edited for privacy}.  Thank you

0 Likes