Verizon's internal tech & support is ancient to its external products
Rpayton1215
I moved from a house with six set top boxes of different models. Tech says I cannot install different models. Customer support says they are wrong. Tech support says they cannot install and I need all of the same models.

Worse part is, Verizon,t-mobile and other phone companies have the worse phone systems. Is hard to hear and they have poor reception. I can't think of any other industry that still uses outdated phone systems, and slow computers. I spend hours on the phone while they wait for their slow computers to respond.

Upon ordering new boxes Saturday, customer support says I won't get or be able to pick up until July 5. Ridiculous I say. Goodbye. I get a notice Monday that they're on the way and I received yesterday. Now another several hours trying to install, because they didn't remove the old serial numbers and match with the activation code.

I was on the phone another hour and a half with technician to correct. Finally, I said please see my order and correct what your coworker was supposed to do. Match the code with the boxes. I'll try try self install later.
0 Likes
Re: Verizon's internal tech & support is ancient to its external products
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Rpayton1215 wrote:
Tech says I cannot install different models.

Do you mean different manufactuers, or different models by the same manufacturer?

You can NOT mix Cisco and Morotola boxes in the same installation.

You can mix different models made by the same manufactuer.

What are the STB & DVR models?