Verizon security suite does not work with Windows 7
raylock

Does anyone have any idea when this will be fixed?  I just purchased a new computer with Windows 7 and tried to download the security suite.  Tech support informed me that they do not work together at this time  I guess I have 60 days during which I can use the Norton package included on the computer on a trial basis then I will have to purchase something.  This will mean that I am paying twice since I all ready subscribed to the Verizon package and I  need it for other computers.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon security suite does not work with Windows 7
VZ_Kevin
Contributor - Level 2

Today RadialPoint released a beta version of VISS 9.0 that works on Windows 7. Re-download VISS from our website on your Windows 7 machine.

XP/Vista users will continue to get 8.0 from that site until 9.0 goes to general availability.

0 Likes
htmsnyder
Enthusiast - Level 1

How about a link to that version, or how do I get to it?  I just upgraded to Windows 7, and have been trying for two days to secure my computer.  When I go to Manage my extras, it just gives me the version that won't work.  Very frustrating to pay for something you can't use.  Especially since it also doesn't work on my husband's laptop (Windows Vista Basic.)  Thank you.

0 Likes
raylock

Did your husband download using something other than Internet Explorer?  My download for my XP machine was done using Firefox, but when I tried that for my Vista machine it would not work.  Had to use Internet explorer.  Hoping someone will respond to your request for a link to the new version.

0 Likes
abhi_col
Contributor - Level 3

call fios tech support and someone will install viss on windows vista basic

0 Likes
VZ_Kevin
Contributor - Level 2

It can be downloaded through "Manage My Broadband Essentials and Extras" under "My Account" on verizon.net

0 Likes
htmsnyder
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried that several times.  When I click on the Access Now button, it takes me right back to my home page (Verizon Central.)  I had a link on my desktop to install the viss, but that one gave me the old version, which downloaded, started its prelim scan, then shut down.  So I tried the link through my account/broadband extras again, several times, and each time it just transfers me back to my homepage or tells me that I have an older version of Windows that is no longer supported.  I need to get this resolved somehow.  I have no anti virus on my computer while I try to fix this.  If I can't get this fixed quickly, I'll have to cancel the service and find some other program.

0 Likes
VZ_Kevin
Contributor - Level 2

So you click "Access Now" and you're redirected back to Verizon Central homepage. Hm.. that's a new one for me..

Is your browser crashing? Cookies allowed? ActiveX up to date + not disabled? Windows up to date?

Can you PM me the username you're signing into prior to going to Manage BBE&E? Thanks!

VZ_Kevin
Contributor - Level 2

Hey htmsnyder and I just found a solution!

https://www.verizon.net/ssowebapp/viss/download.jsp

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

I just got off the phone with radialpoint trying to get the beta version installed on windows 7. They said they are having issues with it and have decided to pull the beta back off as it was causing too many issues.

For now, anyone that needs protection for windows 7.  You can download the free version of AVG and it is fully compatible with Windows 7 until Verizon can get theirs working with 7. Works great and its free.

0 Likes