Re: Verizon should honor it's actively advertised online FIOS offers without bait & switch tacti
JPY2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Still waiting.....supposedly my issue is being expedited but I'm not holding my breath.  Apparently it takes a team of people to handle this, which makes me wonder why those responsible for organizing and implementing customer service still have jobs.

How difficult is it to say something like, "Yes sir, that is the advertised online price.  I'm so sorry you had difficulty completing your order online.  Let me access your account information and I'll process your order immediately.....Your service will be activated on....  Is there anything else I can help you with today?  Thank you for being a loyal verizon customer.  Have a great day!"

0 Likes
Re: Verizon should honor it's actively advertised online FIOS offers without bait & switch tacti
JPY2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Day 20 since this issue started.  Day 10 since I submitted the form as instructed.  Still waiting......Hello???......Can you hear me now???

0 Likes
JPY2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was given the impression that this issue was going to be expedited......still waiting for a reply.

0 Likes
JPY2
Enthusiast - Level 3

After all the runaround and attempts to upsell me, Verizon is actually refusing to honor their advertised online offer.  It's false advertising, plain and simple.

That's my reward for being a loyal customer and trying to upgrade my services based upon an online offer.  One would think they would be happy to assist and be glad to keep a satisfied customer.  Instead they've lost me and my neighbor.  Furthermore, their "customer service" has left such a nasty taste in my mouth that I'll see to it that they lose a lot more customers.

Goodbye Verizon and Good Riddance!

0 Likes
MaMomma
Enthusiast - Level 1

So glad to find out I'm not the only one considering this a deceptive business practice.  Online chat last night with three different agents all giving different answers why I couldn't get the $84.99 advertised price.  Then today, not 24 hours later, price has jumped from $89.99 to $104.99 - the $15 bundling discount is gone... but just for me.  Logged off as a Verizon customer and stated my address as being one house over... a house that has been vacant due to a major fire THREE years ago (no chance they're a Verizon customer).  Sure enough, same Fios Triple Play plan comes in at $84.99 + $21.99 for three HD receivers + $250.00 Visa card.  So Verizon obviously doesn't care about retaining customers, which would cut down on their costs (installation, etc.) but will discount for new customers.  And the Chat reps are no help - half the time they read as though they're roboreps or don't understand the questions at all!  Actually had one, when I said I'd wait until morning and speak with someone at Verizon tell me I might miss out on current promotions... even though the website states they run until 6/2/12... and it's already after midnight, so I'm not sure how waiting until 9am will make a different.  And they wonder why people are switching to other providers....

Oh, did I mention my current two-year Fios Triple Play contract ends... TODAY?!?!  Maybe if I wait until tomorrow I can get the new plan...

Re: Verizon should honor it's actively advertised online FIOS offers without bait & switch tactics
younbaek1

So I signed up for their triple play back in March and signed the 2 year contract for the $89.99 advertised price and the free Visa Card. I never received the Visa card as the customer service assistant manager Gideon stated I chose the promotion that gives me $15 off a month. So the advertised price is only given in lieu of not getting the VISA card. Nowhere does it state you have to choose between getting the $89.99 price or the Visa gift card. This is clearly false advertisement with hidden fine print only after you go through the whole process of signing up in which case it is easily skipped as you would not even think that this day in age they would do such a blatant bait and switch. When my 2 year contract is up I will certainly look for alternatives or just cut the cord completely. 

FiOS Triple Play
With 2-Year Agreement
  •  
  •  

Check Availability

See details
    $8999/month
    plus taxes, fees, equip. charges & RSN fee with 2-yr. agmt.
0 Likes