Verizon should honor it's actively advertised online FIOS offers without bait & switch tactics
Quakertown1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I currently have Verizon Double Play (phone w/DSL). My budget is $90/month after taxes.  I want to upgrade online to FIOS Double Play:  FIOS Double Play (phone w/internet 15/5 Mbps), $6999/ month x12 months ($5 Off  x1 year); No contracts (http://www22.verizon.com/home/bundles/). 

Unfortunately, I am unable to do so through any online advertisement or through the My Verizon application (Add or Change Services, Change Internet Plan, Upgrade/Renewal Center etc.).  I confirmed FIOS is available in my neighborhood.  I've tried numerous times over the past 2 months using 3 different computers (Windows XP & 7 with Explorer 😎 & always get the same error message right before the enrollment page:  "Please contact the Verizon Local Business Office.  We're sorry, we are unable to continue your order at this time.  Please try again later or contact your local Verizon office for assistance.  1 800 - VERIZON (1 800 - 837 - 4966)".

I just called Verizon to enroll and the Verizon rep refused to honor the online offer and instead proposed a much higher rate with a 2 year contract minimum, then suggested I enroll online if I still wanted the online deal (clearly established this is not possible due to Verizon application failure).  He also suggested the online deals are all expired and if I didn't take his offer, the price would just go up.  Clearly this was a dishonest pressure tactic.  He then tried to talk me into a "triple play" offer (I don't want or need TV service) that would substantially raise my bill for 2 years—a 2 year contract for anything is a bad idea when you could get laid-off.

Verizon should honor it's actively advertised online FIOS offers especially when their own My Verizon website won't allow you to accept those offers.  FIOS Double Play (phone w/internet 15/5 Mbps), $6999/ month x12 months ($5 Off x1 year); No contracts (http://www22.verizon.com/home/bundles/).  This is what happens when a company out sources customer service and surrenders quality to meet sales quotas.  They really don't care about winning over a customer unless they are embarrassed in public media.  A legitimate customer service oriented Customer Service operation would say, "We're sorry you couldn't accept this offer online, I can help you finish your enrollment for that offer."  That would do far more to reverse all the bad publicity from the FIOS roll-out and show "Occupy Wall Street" people not all corporations are evil.

Re: Verizon should honor it's actively advertised online FIOS offers without bait & switch tacti
Jerzybd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any updates on this post?

Re: Verizon should honor it's actively advertised online FIOS offers without bait & switch tacti
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Quakertown

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Quakertown1
Enthusiast - Level 2

No messages yet regarding this issue ...

JPY2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the exact same issue.  I was going to upgrade my services to double play 25/25 internet & digital phone for 74.99.  I navigated through the website which would only allow me to sign up for 84.99 with a 2 year contract.  I chatted with a couple of representatives online who couldn't or wouldn't do anything except to try to upsell me with TV service, even though I told them that I'm not interested in TV.  Very frustrating, especially since I've been a long term customer.  Ended up spending about an hour on the phone mostly on hold and being transferred to various representatives who couldn't help but would try to upsell me and finally transfer me to another dept.  So, after retelling the issue to several reps., the best anyone was willing to offer was 79.99 to which I said no thank you.  They just kept saying that I needed to sign up online and that the advertised price was only for new customers to which I replied:

1)  I tried to sign up online and could not.

2)  The ad did not specify for new customers only.

3)  You should be offering the best price to your loyal, long term customers to begin with.

4)  You need to honor the advertised price and quit trying to upsell me.

It kind of felt like dealing with a deceptive "used car" salesman.  Of course, they all use the line "I understand your concern" and then proceed to say "your not eligible for that price but......" and then comes the upsell spiel.  I sent an email from the contact page although they don't really have any options of who to file complaints with.  I wrote at the top of the email, "please forward to the appropriate person(s)."  Still no response to the email and I'm not wasting any more time on the phone unless someone from verizon calls with an apology followed by "we've decided to honor the advertised price for you."  Needless to say, I'm not holding my breath.  Since verizon has demonstrated no interest in honoring their advertised price nor earning more money from me for upgrading my services, not to mention the runaround and upselling nonsense, they will lose a once loyal and satisfied customer and anyone else I can influence.  I have my own business and I would never treat my clientele the way verizon has treated me or you.  Customer service grade = F-

JPY2
Enthusiast - Level 3
Tried once more online tonight.  This rep is the first who did not try to upsell services and also the first to acknowledge upfront that he could do nothing that the online website would not allow.  I appreciate his forthrightness.  Wish I could say the same for verizon.  I subsequently checked the phone # he provided and it's the same one I got the runaround on last night (not doing that again.  I'm not sure why they have customer reps (they should all be called sales reps) since no one is authorized to actually do anything except upsell services.  There seems to be no real complaint/issue resolution dept.  The online reps can't honor the advertised price and the telephone reps say the advertised price is only available online.  WOW!  That's even worth saying backwards.  Just WOW!

A Verizon Service Representative will be with you shortly. Thank you.19:26:58 We apologize for the delay.You are next in the queue. A representative will be with you shortly.
Agent Terry has joined. (19:27:07) Terry : Chat ID for this session is 01031212916. (19:27:07)
Terry(19:27:18)Hello. Thank you for choosing Verizon and visiting our Verizon chat service. How can I help you place your order?
You(19:28:59): Trying to upgrade to double play 25/25 internet plus digital phone for 74.99 per online advertisement. After clicking through website and entering my phone #, price is shown at 84.99 (not acceptable). Can you honor the advertised price and upgrade my services at 74.99?
Terry(19:30:30)Well, I apologize, but I cannot honor the advertised price and upgrade your services at 74.99/mo. As the online website would not allow you to do so.
You(19:32:46): So, you are saying that the advertisement is false and verizon will not honor the advertised price? Really? You(19:34:38): And yet the only way to get the 74.99 price is to sign up online?
Terry(19:35:34)Well, the price you are asking for, as per the terms and conditions set by Verizon, is for first time orders with online.
You(19:36:46): 1) That seems disingenuous.
You(19:37:04): 2) That is not stated in the advertisement.
Terry(19:37:59)I am listening.
You(19:38:07): 3) Long term customers should be rewarded with the best rates for their loyalty. You(19:38:47): 4) Verizon should honor the advertised price.
Terry(19:38:57)Any thing else you would like share with me?
You(19:42:34): Does it matter? Can or will you do anything about the issue?
You(19:43:04): Verizon needs to make this right.
Terry(19:44:10)I would not be able to any thing about the issue. As I am just an online chat representative at this time. Moreover, I am not the one, who has created the rules and regulations for online bundles/promotions. You may please contact the local Verizon office to share your feedbacks.
You(19:50:02): Lol. Tried that. After being transferred about 5 times with everyone trying to upsell me to add TV service, and being hold forever, they tell me that the only way I can get the deal is online despite the fact that I explained that the website would not allow me to do so. If you know who to call besides the main phone # (not doing that again), please share. I know you are not personally responsible and my complaints are not directed at you personally...they are directed towards verizon.
Terry(19:52:12)May I know, which number did you called recently?
You(19:53:32): Any suggested proceedures to get them to honor the advertised price are welcomed with gratitude and would certainly put you at the top of the customer service reps. Sorry, I don't remember the number....it was last night....I just remember the frustration.
Terry(19:54:32)Well, you can only try by informing them about disconnecting the services and check, if they can honor you the price.
You(19:59:28): Well, I did learn that I can disconnect for 3 months and then they would honor the advertised price, however, that is not a reasonable response. Do you have a supervisor that I could escalate this to who could honor the advertised price or do you have a more direct contact name and/or number of someone in the hierarchy who could handle this appropriately?
Terry(20:01:44)If you call the local Verizon office and ask them to get to the supervisor, I am sure, they can check for your request. However, there is currently no direct contact name and/or number of someone in the hierarchy who could handle this appropriately. Let me assist you with the number. Terry(20:04:45)You may please call The Local Verizon Office at 1-800 VERIZON (1-800-837-4966) between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM EST from Monday to Friday.
You(20:05:35): Ok. Thanks for the number. They really should have a method whereby reps like you could actually handle things like this. Thank you for being the first who did not try to upsell services to me.
You(20:05:46): Bye.
Terry(20:05:51)Bye. Your session is now closed. Thank you, have a nice day.
duffer11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow that's what I  thought, and I been trying for about a week. Called business office, she insisted that the phone and internet were not $79.99 for 35/35 Mbps. Try to sell me triple bundle,  didn't need TV, got Dish, think I'll call Comcast see if they will cooperate, this just tick me off

Quakertown1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Day 5 & still waiting for a response ... "an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue."  Verizon, can you here me now? This issue could go viral ...

JPY2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm still waiting too.....no response to my email several days ago....no place to file a complaint....no customer service agents (only sales reps).  Based on my experience with "customer service" at this point, I'm surprised that they don't charge to speak with one of their customer service....um.....I mean....."sales" agents.

JPY2
Enthusiast - Level 3
Tried online again.  If I'm a "valued Verizon customer", it must truly be a loathsome experience to be an unvalued customer.  This is the typical verizon response.....1st the upsell, then directing me to a webpage like the one I'm chatting from, then more sales spiel telling me I would be saving money by spending more (sounds like the federal government), then deflection to the phone # where you get to be on hold and transferred for hours with everyone basically repeating the same robotic lines and trying to upsell.  She is unable to assist me through chat but the price is only available through internet order....that is, to say the least, incredibly problematic.  At the end, I had started a reply to let the agent know that I had already sent an email several days ago via the link she provided and had received no response....she abruptly ended the chat just as soon as I started typing.  Verizon.....can you hear me now?.....Hello?....Hello?....Is anybody there?????

A Verizon Service Representative will be with you shortly. Thank you.22:29:47 We apologize for the delay.You are next in the queue. A representative will be with you shortly.
Agent Hayden has joined. (22:26:56) Hayden : Chat ID for this session is 01041272687. (22:26:56) Hayden(22:27:01)Hello. Thank you for choosing Verizon and visiting our Verizon chat service. How can I help you place your order? The chat application is experiencing connectivity trouble. Your chat will be re-assigned to another agent and will be given high priority. We apologize and Thank you for your patience.(22:29:26) Agent Sabrecia has joined. (22:29:51) You(22:30:48): Trying to upgrade service to double play 25/25 internet plus digital phone at advertised price of 74.99. Website will not allow me to sign up for this. Can you upgrade my services at the advertised price. Sabrecia(22:31:18)Thank you for being a valued Verizon customer. Could you please tell me what services do you currently have with Verizon?
You(22:32:25): Internet (10/2...I think) and flat rate phone.
Sabrecia(22:33:11)Thank you for sharing this information.
Sabrecia(22:33:16)Our Triple play starts at $79.99/month.
Sabrecia(22:33:27)You can go with Triple play for $79.99/month. Sabrecia(22:33:47)Are you looking for Double play or Triple play?
You(22:35:30): Not interested in TV. As I stated, trying to upgrade to double play - internet 25/25 plus digital phone at the 74.99 advertised price.
Sabrecia(22:36:30)What price are you getting for this services on your page?
You(22:37:55): Website will only display 84.99 with 2 year contract.
You(22:38:29): Advertised price was 74.99 for this bundle. Sabrecia(22:38:39):https://www22.Verizon.com/ForYourHome/NationalBundles/NatBundlesQualify.aspx Sabrecia(22:38:45)Please click here.
Sabrecia(22:38:55)Let me know once you're on the next page.
You(22:39:56): I'm there.
Sabrecia(22:40:46)Uncheck the TV. 

Then choose Internet plan you want and unlimited home phone. 

Let me know what price is showing.
You(22:41:49): Still not showing the advertised price. Showing 84.99 with 2 year contract.
Sabrecia(22:44:14)It seems that you already have FiOS Internet and you're not eligible for $10 extra discount for 12 months. You can go with $84.99/month plan. You'll still get bundle savings.
You(22:47:41): There was no such stipulation in the advertisement. Verizon needs to honor the advertised price, especially for long term, loyal customers. Paying 84.99 instead of 74.99 is not saving me anything.
Sabrecia(22:49:32)I apologize, but I am unable to assist you with this issue through chat. Please contact our Consumer Sales and Solutions Center directly at: (800) VERIZON or (800) 837-4966, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 

You will be prompted for your telephone number by our Voice Response Unit. To ensure protection of your personal account information and expedite the handling of your request, please have your Verizon account number or bill available. 

Our representatives will be happy to help you.
Sabrecia(22:51:12)Do you have any more questions for me? I will be happy to answer all your questions.
You(22:51:14): Phone rep indicated that I must sign up online to get this.
Sabrecia(22:51:40)I am sorry. This price is only available for new FiOS Internet order.
You(22:55:49): Not stipulated in advertisement. Verizon needs to honor their advertised price, nonetheless, this is a new order as I would be upgrading both services. Do you have a more direct phone line to a supervisor in the hierarchy who can actually do something about this so that I don't have to spend hours on hold and being transferred from one agent to another?
You(22:57:47): Or is there a supervisor I can chat with online who can do something?
You(22:58:59): Or an email address of someone who can handle this directly?
Sabrecia(22:59:54)I understand your concern for that; however, I have certain limitations, I can provide you a link where you can contact Verizen for any of your concern. Sabrecia(22:59:55):http://www22.verizon.com/CustomerSupport/ContactUs/Index/
Sabrecia(23:00:51)It was nice to assist you. Thank you for using our chat service. If you have any additional question, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Good bye and take care! Your session is now closed. Thank you, have a nice day.