Verizon slowing down my internet
crazyrobert2017
Enthusiast - Level 1

After FCC removal NetNeutrality, Verizon started slowing down my internet especially youtube. I have 75 Mbps plan and new quantum router from Verizon. Since last 2 weeks, I started seeing websites load slowly especially Youtube is buffering. It's not fair to Verizon to slow down my internet. I reset my router to defaults and cleared browser cache. This happens with all browsers and mobile apps. If this continuous further I will switch to COX

0 Likes
Re: Verizon slowing down my internet
jonjones1
Legend

@crazyrobert2017 wrote:

After FCC removal NetNeutrality, Verizon started slowing down my internet especially youtube. I have 75 Mbps plan and new quantum router from Verizon. Since last 2 weeks, I started seeing websites load slowly especially Youtube is buffering. It's not fair to Verizon to slow down my internet. I reset my router to defaults and cleared browser cache. This happens with all browsers and mobile apps. If this continuous further I will switch to COX

The FCC has not slowed down anyone’s internet as of yet. It is still at the Government Accounting Office that is now investigating the so called vote, that may have been bogus. There are other states that have passed legislation stopping the net neutrality law even taking affect. New York I am proud to say is one of them.

Other states are looking at removing the tax benefits Verizon enjoys. They pay no taxes. So no reason to get excited right now, and there can be many reasons for your slow downs.

0 Likes