Verizon support changed their minds on Self Install
agrundw

I recently moved to a new apartment that is wired for FiOS and have been trying to do a self install but Verizon can't seem to determine if it's doable or not. I originally scheduled an appointment for later in the week but it's in the middle of work so I figured I'd go ahead and try a self install, but it wasn't available as an option online so I had to go through thier phone support. After checking with a couple of departments the helpful agent on the other end said that it would be possible and I would be setup to do a self install within 24 hours and that I would get a notification. 24 hours later and no notification I decide to call again only to be told that it is completely impossible to do this install without a tech.

I have an ONT hooked up and the network light is green so it seems to me that it is connected to the fiber network and this should be a doable thing. Looking for advice/opinions on whether this is feasible and who I need to get in contact with at Verizon to get this done.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon support changed their minds on Self Install
sten22

Do you have the equipment already, ie the router and/or STB?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon support changed their minds on Self Install
agrundw

Nope, first time FiOS user and I wasn't able to order the equipment for self install. My plan was to pick it up from a FiOS store. Also no STB just internet for me.

0 Likes