Verizon terminated our Fios internet connection by mistake and cannot restore it
JCL4

July 3rd, day before the great ID4 day, my husband returned the rental Verizon Gateway router as we bought our own Netgear router. It was supposed to be an uneventful day and easy task. Two hours later at 1:30pm, we found out that they terminated our internet service by mistake while all three of us are still working. After spending 4 hours on the phone talking to 5 different people while i chatted online with Verizon agent in parallel we could not get this resolved. Instead one agent opened up a new account for us and told us we would get our service back 6 days later on 7/9. when asked why they could not just restore our service as ethernet and router are already in place - NO ANSWER! I stayed up at night, on queue waiting for an agent to help me on chat, after 45 min wait on queue and 25 min chat with an agent, Bhanu told me that he could not help and I need to call customer service tomorrow - going back to the drawing board again!!! This is completely unacceptable! It’s absurd that we need to wait for 6 days to reestablish our existing connection. I am in IT and I know this is simply a switch ON mechanism with already established ethernet and router! Will Verizon reimburse us, 3 of us 0.5 day salary for today’s work loss? Not to mention we will have to wait for another 6 days to get our service back on?!!! Completely insane. Go figure!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon terminated our Fios internet connection by mistake and cannot restore it
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JCL4,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes