Verizon throttling speeds at peak hours (don't be fooled) 75/75
Not applicable

they have been doing this for awhile, im supposed to be getting 75/75 which i am during the daytime but after 6pm-12 it becomes unbearable i cant livestream to twitch.tv, i cant watch netflix without buffering nonestop, its not only me ive asked a bunch of my friends that have fios around the new york/ new jersey area and they experience the same exact thing, ive had techs show up and say they dont see an issue and they disregard everything and leave the house, why are we recieving congestion like behavior if prior to signing up with fios they claimed their "fiber network" is congestion free, ive about had it with the lies, the fcc obviously doesnt care to investigate anything or theyre paid off to not say a word. my friends from the uk get about 5Gbps for 60 euros and were stuck here getting throttled for our 75Mbps.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon throttling speeds at peak hours (don't be fooled) 75/75
Not applicable

i used to be able to livestream and watch everything in 1080p when i was only using 10mbps with timewarner, and theyre freakin cable!!!! wth is going....

0 Likes
Not applicable

try downloading a file from your bosses server that supports up to 1gbps, i assure you, you wont even see 10% of ur bandwidth being used, while using any other isp you will be downloading in the rate u are paying, dont let the speed tests fool you, thats not a correct way to see ur actual bandwidth.

0 Likes
Not applicable

and they have the nerve to try and tell you to upgrade to 150/150 if the 75 seems slow !!!!!!! if i was getting the 75 im paying for now i wouldnt need to upgrade!and why would i pay more for speed i wont even be getting? the nerve on companies and their malicious practices, just like the whole "unreturned dvr" scam when theres obviously proof that u returned it cuz theres a reciept, they do it on purpose because they assume u throw away the recpeit  at some point so when they hit u with the 800$ bill after a year u dont have the recpeit so u have to pay

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

A couple years ago my old company hired me briefly to fix some stuff for them (I am retired).  I had 150/65 and I assure at least at that time, I was hitting those speeds with no problem (yep was moving some really big files back and forth during prime time, which was also prime time for my old companies backend computing).

Verizon definitely can hit those speeds at least for certain networks, but as the Netflix fiasco showed, they are not bothering to build out connections between themselves and others where they are do not consider themselves peers, and are not getting payed for the connection.