Re: Verizon will be upgrading speeds Starting Monday 6/22
Javsld568
Enthusiast - Level 3
20/20 has not changed. only in NY it was upgraded to 35/20, everywhere else its still 20/20
0 Likes
defaultPlayer
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Techman28 wrote:
as of right now it is not confirmed but I did see 25/25

Is there a 25/25 or will there be one in August?  I've seen users posting results from 25/15 tier with speed tests that show 25/25 results.

Is 20/20 offered anymore?  It's disappeared from the website for internet plans.  Also just recently my current 20/20 tier which used to give me constant speed test results of 20/20 has now seen a reduction of 1-2 mbps on the download site.  Is this due to changes from the tiers?

0 Likes
Javsld568
Enthusiast - Level 3
I dont know if 20/20 will be upgraded its possible. also when you do speedtest it isnt always going to be exactly 20Mb it will always usually show 1-3Mb lower than the speed your getting depending on where the server is located. since NY got the 35/20 its possible the 20/20 would be upgraded to 25/20
0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I have the double play (Internet at 20/5 and the TV Service) at $79.99.  To upgrade to 25/15 the cost is $5 so the monthy price would be $84.99.  To upgrade to 35/25 the cost is $94.99.  I was told either one is available in my area (Long Island, NY) with my existing service.

Jim

I

0 Likes
defaultPlayer
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Javsld568 wrote:
I dont know if 20/20 will be upgraded its possible. also when you do speedtest it isnt always going to be exactly 20Mb it will always usually show 1-3Mb lower than the speed your getting depending on where the server is located. since NY got the 35/20 its possible the 20/20 would be upgraded to 25/20

I'm aware that speed tests vary depending on which site and server used to measure.  However, msiad.visualware.com has consistently given me the same results without varying (always 20 mbps plus a little extra) so that's why I bring it up.  Other sites that I've used that can vary (ex. speakeasy.net) are also showing it max out at 18-19 mbps where it usually is pretty good and shows around the full 20 mbps.  So this isn't you typical varying results from different speed test servers and sites.  Sites that used to give me consistent reliable results are now showing a slight decrease in download speed only - upload has been unaffected.

0 Likes
nyt
Enthusiast - Level 3
FYI, I have 20/20 on Long Island and was told by CS that I could have the bundle which offers 25/15 but I would lose my verizon virus protection and online storage which I currently have when I went to 20/20 from 20/5.  This is not worth it for me until my current contract ends.  They also raised the price of the premium channels by $5.00 I was told so I am staying put.  Optimum is starting to look attractive again since they are rolloing out the red carpet it seems to win back customers.  They even send someone to my door to ask what it would take to switch back. 
0 Likes
dgiles79
I have the double play (20/5 internet and TV) and when I called to inquire on adding the 25/15 internet package, they told me it would increase my package from $79.99 to $94.99 a month. That seems like too much of a price increase for the speed being offered. I'm a little disappointed in these prices. Most people have said it was a $5 increase, which seems much more reasonable.
0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2
the price increase depends on your current package. Most of the people here are probably on pretty standard packages hence the $5. Your probably on one of the specials where you got a bigger discount than most on your current package meaning any changes done will be more costly for you. Which is one of the reasons you have ask for this upgrade and it is not automatic.
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Dgiles79,

I am on that current plan you are on. I have not at this time upgraded since it will increase my amount by $15 so your not alone there.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2
Being a Verizon Employee, one would think you would get everything for free.
0 Likes