Verizon will be upgrading speeds Starting Monday 6/22
Techman28
Master - Level 1

(1) What speeds are available and where?

10/2 -> 15/5 (all service areas)

20/5 -> 25/15 (all service areas)

20/20 -> upgraded to 35/20 in NYC only 

50/20 -> No change

(2) Will it be an automatic upgrade?  Or will I need to call?

It will not be an Automatic upgrade. It will be just like last year however there may be a pricing change of $5-10 more check with your local Billing rep on for exact amounts. You can reach them through 888-553-1555 and following the billing prompts for a representative.

(3) When can I call and what should I say?

You can call on Monday and ask to be upgraded to the higher speed and rebundle.

(4) How much will the upgrade cost? 

The best person to ask would be the Verizon Billing office on Monday. However if you only had internet service and are month to month the upgrade is free since that price hasn't changed. This will also be a 1 year Terms of Service agreement

(5) Can I get the upgrade if have just have an Internet+phone bundle?  How about Internet+TV bundles?

you can get the upgrade if you have a bundle or not

Re: Verizon will be upgrading speeds Starting Monday 6/22
psumatt1
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the confirm T..

Now everyone can stop with all of the "rumors".  🙂 

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

There was a question over at DSL reports about doing this online. I would assume that would be fine if they are there at that time.

Acerone101

Hi, that is good news...

Do you have any info on new HD channels coming soon...

0 Likes
Noobsauces
Hey hey! is this update Mandatory?, because unfortunately I have very miss understanding family, when I try to explain updates,nets, basically basic simple explanations on this stuff they get very defensive, if it is I did save the Forum info on my computer to show them because for only 5 to 10 extra bucks isn't bad, for going from a 10/2 to 15/5.Man Very Happy
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend
Posted in the wrong place. So I removed my post.
Message Edited by prisaz on 06-20-2009 03:17 PM
0 Likes
Javsld568
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well last like year the update are not mandatory, however last year's upgrade are free, i dont know about this year's and i will deffinately be upgrading it will be significantly faster you get a increase in bandwidth and download speed also upload speed which is great. So you have an idea what the difference is between current speed and the update here it is.

DOWNLOAD 

10Mb= 1.250MB/s

15Mb= 1.875MB/s

UPLOAD

2Mb = 250KB/s

5Mb = 625KB/s

Message Edited by Javsld568 on 06-20-2009 01:34 PM
0 Likes
SHARKMAN44
Contributor - Level 1

After someone calls for the upgrade, could they please detail their experiences here... (ie: costs)

thanks

sharkman

0 Likes
Javsld568
Enthusiast - Level 3
I will upgrade Monday and let you guys know if there is any cost, but it seems it might differ in other areas.
Message Edited by Javsld568 on 06-20-2009 03:16 PM
0 Likes
Noobsauces
yes I would be back here Monday to fine out myself, I told me dad and hes very nagitive and hes like "So" apperently my family are morons and no nothing about IMPORTANT updates that can improve everyone. Soon as I get a Job im taking over this lol.
0 Likes