Very disappointed with internet speed and quantium router
mrcemc

I have been a loyal customer of FIOS for several years. Once I left and went to comcast only to return to Fios. I thought I was going to get better internet speed. I signed up for the package which came with 50mps. Independent tests i have run validate that the speed is not that high. I asked them to upgrade me to 75 for no cost. The packages they are giving now to new customers have 150mps. I did not think that was a large request especially because of my loyalty. They offerred to upgrade me for an additional $10 a month. I am on disability and cannot afford to spend any more money on this. But I am seriously considering finding out what the cancellation fee is and leaving

0 Likes
Re: Very disappointed with internet speed and quantium router
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Start by running a wired test to speedtest.Verizon.net

this tests your connection to the Verizon network which is all they guarantee.

if that meets your subscribed rate, then check via WiFi.

if that is very slow, they you have a WiFi performance issue.

maybe try changing channels or checking for interference.

0 Likes
mrcemc

I tried all of these before and still no increase in speed.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@mrcemc wrote:

I tried all of these before and still no increase in speed.

Did you call 1-800-VERIZON and have them reset everything including ont and then see if that clears up the situation? I would do that first.

i have been a Verizon/NYNEX/Bell Atlantic/NY Telephone customer for a gazillion years. I don't expect anything for free. There is no loyal customers there are just customers.

yes it's all part of a game trying to get lower cost for the same or better. And enticement rates are set up that way to get a customer like any other business. Cable companies, car dealers, tire stores etc. this is a common practice.

you cannot go to the supermarket and barter down their prices, or jewelry stores and utilities like gas & electric and many more.

your independent testing of your speeds could be affected by many factors, line noise, faulty hops, congested internet as well as the sites themselves. You must call Verizon and have them troubleshoot the issue.

my wife and I had 15/1 with Time Warner and with over 24 devices online at any given time (not necessarily all at the same time) that speed alone was great for what we did on line. $34.99 no taxes or fees. But when Verizon Fios hit our neighborhood we waited to see what our friends thought about it. They liked it and we decided to get the 150/150 which has been rock solid. A few glitches but solid. Total cost $82 with some bogus fee but no tax. So we pay 102% more a month for 10 times the speed up/down. It's worth it.

call Verizon see if they can get your provisioned speed.

0 Likes