Switch Account

Very slow D/L speeds

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Very slow D/L speeds

Message 1 of 7
(9,552 Views)

Ok after months of get no where support My download speeds are less than 1/2 of what I pay for. I subscribe to the 20/5, but I'm only running at 6-7/5! I've used everything verizon has suggested the optimizer, rebooting modems, replacing modems, they connected to my computer to check settings and nothing comes up. I wouldn't be SOO upset if I were a 10/5 subscriber, but if it is not fixed by end of contract it's back to cable I go {please keep it relevant} Well you know where I'm going.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/471111416.png

Message Edited by ElizabethS on 05-11-2009 07:36 PM
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: Very slow D/L speeds

Message 2 of 7
(9,555 Views)
Have you tried another location on speedtest? I have noticed some places I get 1/2 the speed of others. And the closest place is not always the best.
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 3 of 7
(9,546 Views)
Have you tried with another PC or anything? I've seen this a lot with other customers where they get the upload and not the download that well...I've heard of NIC card settings being a culprit in most cases or some kind of software.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 7
(9,523 Views)
Had to sign in on a different name but yes I have tried other locations with the same results. I also tried on my laptop,,wireless even slower with a great connection
Highlighted
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 5 of 7
(9,488 Views)
when you are trying the speed tests, is it a wired connection to the router, or wireless?  wireless is not capable of wired speeds, as you know.  Also, if more than one computer is on, wired or wireless, that may decrease your speeds.   are u using Vista ?  running the optimzer on Vista can be counter-productive.  If it is Vista you must get the microsoft patch. go to ms.com and search for 'fios and vista' to find the patch.
cjacobs001
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 7
(9,471 Views)
I am using a wired computer running Xp pro, 1 computer at a time with 1.24 gigs of ram. cleaned out temp files and temp internet files.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 7 of 7
(9,473 Views)
and ot's the wired computer I'm talking about.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.