Very slow upload speeds via ethernet

Very slow upload speeds via ethernet

SOLVED
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(657 Views)

I am not a networking or PC expert, just wondering where to turn to solve this problem. 

I have Verizon FiOS 75/75 Internet.

Connecting via WiFi to my Verizon Router, I see speeds that are all over the map, but they range from 20 to 65Mbps download, and 45-85Mbps upload.

When connected to the same router via ethernet, I am seeing speeds of 80-90Mbps download, and less than 0.2Mbps upload!  It's so bad that many websites time out or crash when logging in. In fact, the Verizon FiOS troubleshooter crashes when I try to use it.

Any ideas? How to begin troubleshooting?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MVP MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3
(613 Views)

If you are getting 85 mbps on wifi then the speeds are definitely good to the router. Either the ethernet port on your computer is bad, or the ethernet port on the router is bad. Do you have another computer to test?

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VI Gold Contributor VI
Gold Contributor VI
Message 3 of 3
(560 Views)

Could be a bad Ethernet cable.  Try another one.

Good Luck.

-----
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.