Very slow with all Apple products
siphoto

I had 100mps up/down and had an older Fios router. I was using the Apple Extreme router off of the Fios Router to connect all my Apple devices. Iphone 6, iphone 7, ipad and 2 Macs. No problem.

I recently upgraded to 150 up/down and got the new Fios router. Now, on the Macs a webpage can take up to 10 seconds to load. My iphone 7 is setup to wifi talk when I'm home and the quality of the calls is very poor with parts of the conversation being dropped. When I speed check I'm getting in the 150 up/down range.

With the Fios app it tells me the iphones are typically in a weak and medium signal even when sitting 5 feet from the router. The computer and iPad is between medium to high even when it's 15 feet away in the same room.

I have reset the router multiple of times, moved the router and it seems to not help.

So, I reconnected the Airport Extreme and connecting my devices to that and everything is back to being fast and realiable. Wifi conversations are much clearer and no reception issues. Webpages load fast, etc.

I'd like to just use the Verizon Router and retire the Apple Aiport Extreme, but for some reason all 5 of my devices are not agreeing with the Fios router when directly connected with that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Likes
Re: Very slow with all Apple products
jonjones1
Legend

@siphoto wrote:

I had 100mps up/down and had an older Fios router. I was using the Apple Extreme router off of the Fios Router to connect all my Apple devices. Iphone 6, iphone 7, ipad and 2 Macs. No problem.

I recently upgraded to 150 up/down and got the new Fios router. Now, on the Macs a webpage can take up to 10 seconds to load. My iphone 7 is setup to wifi talk when I'm home and the quality of the calls is very poor with parts of the conversation being dropped. When I speed check I'm getting in the 150 up/down range.

With the Fios app it tells me the iphones are typically in a weak and medium signal even when sitting 5 feet from the router. The computer and iPad is between medium to high even when it's 15 feet away in the same room.

I have reset the router multiple of times, moved the router and it seems to not help.

So, I reconnected the Airport Extreme and connecting my devices to that and everything is back to being fast and realiable. Wifi conversations are much clearer and no reception issues. Webpages load fast, etc.

I'd like to just use the Verizon Router and retire the Apple Aiport Extreme, but for some reason all 5 of my devices are not agreeing with the Fios router when directly connected with that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Scott

Your post heading is deceiving.

it is best to turn off wifi to your Verizon supplied router and just use the wifi from your Apple AirPort Extreme.

although the issue is not with the Apple but with your Verizon router.

you could keep the Verizon router as primary and place your Apple into access point mode with full wifi functionality provided by the Apple.

this way all will be working fine.

0 Likes