Verzion Fios app suddenly missing channels
treetrout1

I was watching the fios app on my Samsung Galaxy when, once again, it went to sound only due to lack of bandwith. When it didn't switch bask right away, like usual, I went to "watch now" and saw that most of my channels were now gone. poof. just disappeared. I do see "connect to your home fios wifi for more channels" but I am connected. I only have wifi on the tablet and can watch other channels. So I called for help and was told to uninstall and reinstall the app - I did - channels still missing. then my entire system was rebooted by service. did the app again - still channels missing. we then did a speed test on my wired pc and its 8.8 / 9.2 yet my contract is for 50/50. They then guessed that I no longer have the other channels since they are hi def and are going to work on my speed which will be fixed in 24 hours (3 hrs left). But I was able to watch other hi def channels so I don't think that's it. Do you have any suggestions? thank you

0 Likes
Re: Verzion Fios app suddenly missing channels
PJL
Master - Level 3

@treetrout1 wrote:

I was watching the fios app on my Samsung Galaxy when, once again, it went to sound only due to lack of bandwith. When it didn't switch bask right away, like usual, I went to "watch now" and saw that most of my channels were now gone. poof. just disappeared. I do see "connect to your home fios wifi for more channels" but I am connected. I only have wifi on the tablet and can watch other channels. So I called for help and was told to uninstall and reinstall the app - I did - channels still missing. then my entire system was rebooted by service. did the app again - still channels missing. we then did a speed test on my wired pc and its 8.8 / 9.2 yet my contract is for 50/50. They then guessed that I no longer have the other channels since they are hi def and are going to work on my speed which will be fixed in 24 hours (3 hrs left). But I was able to watch other hi def channels so I don't think that's it. Do you have any suggestions? thank you

Use the app contact us/report issues function to describe to the developers what you are seeing.  They are usually very responsive.

0 Likes
treetrout1

after days of rebooting system, uninstalling and re installing the app the message is still there (sign into home wifi for more channels)  . No resolution yet. The last thing I was told this am is to go to help settig on the app and send feedback with my problem and hopefully they will get back to me with a fix. I did install the app on my cell phone and another galaxy tablet and it works there but not on the galaxy note 10.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

This is just a guess but you might try uninstalling the FiOS app and then reinstalling it.

While I have no experience with a Note 10, when an app has started misbehaving on other devices, iPhone, iPad, etc., sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling the app corrected the problem.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@treetrout1 wrote:

after days of rebooting system, uninstalling and re installing the app the message is still there (sign into home wifi for more channels)  . No resolution yet. The last thing I was told this am is to go to help settig on the app and send feedback with my problem and hopefully they will get back to me with a fix. I did install the app on my cell phone and another galaxy tablet and it works there but not on the galaxy note 10.

You have proven that the issue is with some configuration on your Note 10 and not with the app or the service.  Apparently something in you Note 10 WiFi setup is causing the system to think you are connecting outside your home which is why you get the prompt to use your home network to get more channels.  It may have something to do with the WiFi channel bonding feature of the Note 10.  I would try going into the Android WiFi settings and forget the home WiFi network and other networks that might show in the list.  Then rescan and reconnect to the home network.

0 Likes
treetrout1

Problem has been fixed!!

After sending them feedback from the tablet I got the following email --> Thank You for using the FiOS Mobile app. In regards to your inquiry I have cleared the cache on your device from my end. Please close the app and re-launch it. Once you log back in the FiOS Mobile app will recognize you are connected to your home network. Please ensure this is completed while connected to your home network

I did and now all the channels are back. wonderful!!

0 Likes