Video Streaming
LHJR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesterday and this morning, I have been having repeated interruptions with attempts to view Netflix Instant Play (streamed video).  The movie starts but stops with completely black display window (within the browser or Windows Media Center).  I have not had this problem before.  Is anyone else suffering likewise, or have a solution?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Video Streaming
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Well you dont have to worry about streaming on Verizon. Verizon does not do any traffic shaping. So that is not your issue. I stream from netflix all the time with no issues.

Try streaming from a few different websites.  hulu.com  youtube.com  etc. If you dont have any problems with them then your problem is likely a netflix issue. Also try several different titles at netflix, just to make sure its not just a problem with a particular movie.

View solution in original post

jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Sometimes a simple reboot of your router may help clear things up.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I had the problem before and figured it to be a netflix problem. I would have to reconnect and restart the movie. Netflix issue??

Never pinned it down. I stopped using netflix because after you have seen most, rarly does and new first run stuff come out. They all seem to be B movies, or older movies, that perhaps I would not otherwise watch.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I Second that.  I Find a better selection on hulu.com

but if you're still interested you should try to stream at hulu and youtube and other sites and see if you're getting the same thing.    if you're not then it's some wierd problem with netflix.     if it's having trouble streaming everything, then make sure that you are on a wired connection,  wireless's have their own set of issues, and so if it's wireless let us know.   a reboot often fixes stuff like that, but if it's wireless you may have to change the channel (wifi channel)

0 Likes
LHJR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for all the replies!  Did the router reboot, but still have the problem.  Haven't had it before now, and Neflix suggested a security digital rights management conflict issue with router security software, or something along those lines.  Personally, I believe it's an ISP issue involving bandwidth management.  Seems the cable and internet service providers are getting concerned about free and low cost video streaming market gains.  Yeah, they are behind the curve, and now are starting to manage users bandwidth wherever to herd them to their services.   Seems they're limiting me to about 1 - 5 minutes of streaming before I'm pinched off.  Hah, hah!  Like Hulu too, but there are movies at Netflix I'm paying for, because I like those movies.  Thanks all, and if resolved, I'll certainly post here!

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Well you dont have to worry about streaming on Verizon. Verizon does not do any traffic shaping. So that is not your issue. I stream from netflix all the time with no issues.

Try streaming from a few different websites.  hulu.com  youtube.com  etc. If you dont have any problems with them then your problem is likely a netflix issue. Also try several different titles at netflix, just to make sure its not just a problem with a particular movie.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes