quick menu

Vms4100 Ethernet port

Vms4100 Ethernet port

SOLVED
Contributor Nikisixx21
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(724 Views)

Have a quantum router in the basement and the vms4100 on another floor. Can I connect my tv to the Ethernet port on the stb for internet on the tv instead of using WiFi? Or better yet connect a Ethernet splitter to that port? I have a few devices near the stb I would like to hardwire with Ethernet instead of wifi and it would be ideal if I didn’t have to run additional cat6 from the basement. 

i heard this didn’t work historically  but curious if anything has changed with fios one. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Silver Contributor III Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 2 of 3
(706 Views)

No. The ethernet port is an input. Not an output. You could plug an ethernet into it to feed the VMS for guide and on demand. That would be redundant though since the coax is already doing that. 

You could run a cat 6 up there like you said or use a MoCA adapter and split the coax. One to VMS4100 and one to the adapter. The adapter could feed a switch for all your devices. 

Contributor Nikisixx21
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(667 Views)

Thank you!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios