Vms4100 Ethernet port
Nikisixx21
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have a quantum router in the basement and the vms4100 on another floor. Can I connect my tv to the Ethernet port on the stb for internet on the tv instead of using WiFi? Or better yet connect a Ethernet splitter to that port? I have a few devices near the stb I would like to hardwire with Ethernet instead of wifi and it would be ideal if I didn’t have to run additional cat6 from the basement. 

i heard this didn’t work historically  but curious if anything has changed with fios one. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Vms4100 Ethernet port
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. The ethernet port is an input. Not an output. You could plug an ethernet into it to feed the VMS for guide and on demand. That would be redundant though since the coax is already doing that. 

You could run a cat 6 up there like you said or use a MoCA adapter and split the coax. One to VMS4100 and one to the adapter. The adapter could feed a switch for all your devices. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. The ethernet port is an input. Not an output. You could plug an ethernet into it to feed the VMS for guide and on demand. That would be redundant though since the coax is already doing that. 

You could run a cat 6 up there like you said or use a MoCA adapter and split the coax. One to VMS4100 and one to the adapter. The adapter could feed a switch for all your devices. 

Nikisixx21
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you!

0 Likes