I have a voice that speaks in the background of my computer regardless of what I am doing on the computer. It starts when I'm booting up the computer and stops for a while, then comes back. If I'm listening to another audio source, both the unwanted voice and audio play simultaneously. Thank you.
I'm paying verizon a monthly fee for their anti virus protection!
Have you run a virus scan with that software? Have you tried a malware (not the same as a virus) scan from one of the various sources available?
Hi Carlossquare. Malware and virus removal are passions of mine. I love using various apps to beat these things. That being said, the first thing we should determine is exactly what that voice says. If it is not inappropriate, can you detail the exact verbiage the voice says? Also, does the same message repeat or does the voice say different things?
If this turns out to be a viral issue, any anti-viral scans you run should be in safe mode. Once you provide answers to the questions I posed, I will do my best to walk you through some steps that I use to beat various viral issues.
08-22-2013 07:50 AM - edited 08-22-2013 07:52 AM
As far as I can tell, it is just random talking, definitely not a short repeated message. Last night, it was a woman rambling on about female stuff...(not pornographic though).
Interesting....I figured this was a computerized voice. If this is a true female voice, there may be some crossed wires in your networking set up. I have some more questions for you:
- Does the talking seem to be conversational (as if the person is on the phone)?
- Do you live in an apartment complex or a high rise building?
- Did you have (or was there) DSL service in your home prior to you getting FiOS?
- Do you have the FiOS phone service as well?
- Does the talking seem to be conversational (as if the person is on the phone)? No; it seems to be pre-recorded non stop dialogue; except it will stop for a couple of minutes completely, then return
- Do you live in an apartment complex or a high rise building? No, single family home
- Did you have (or was there) DSL service in your home prior to you getting FiOS? No
- Do you have the FiOS phone service as well? Yes, but I really don't think that's the issue. The voice kicks in almost immediately after starting before the bios is completed.