Vz Qtm FiOS 757/75 @ 1-5 Mbps Download Speed Every Night 7p-12a
gasguzzler

I upgraded to Verizon Quatum FiOS 75/75 almost four weeks ago. I've 1 desktop PC with wired ethernet cable connected to my Gateway FiOS G-1100 Router. No other wireless devices are on my network. My actual internet service usually hits 80/85 between 12:01 AM to 6:59 PM every morning, day and early evening. BUT, almost like a pre-programmed event, starting at 7 PM and lasting until 12 AM (midnight), every night, I have no usuable download speed. Vz's customer service, network team and field techs have tested, retested, booted & rebooted, replaced all of my home equipment and verified it's not my problem, but in fact Verizon's own southern California servers at issue.

What really bothers me is Verizon's lack of concern, priority and urgency for it's loyal customers, and their own national reputation. They're openly acknowledging the issue is theirs, and their well spoken, well mannered India customer service center fellows do offer plenty of apologies and excuses, but no solutions. I NEVER experienced this problem as a 3 year subscriber to Verizon's FiOS 50/50 service.

As a result, I won't recommend anyone upgrade or sign up with Verizon phone, cellular, internet or TV service right now, no one I know. Sadly I'm obligated to pay for a 2 year contract, and if I fail to do so, Verizon can take legal action against me. However, Verizon Corporation is not legally required by law to provide their part of the 2 year contract and we as loyal customers have no legal recourse against them, they are too powerful an entity. This shabby, emabarassingly bad customer service, and overall wired/wireless service should be avoided by American consumers, please don't sign a contract with them, because right now they're offering little to nothing worthy of recommendation.

http://imgur.com/ipOAbrX

0 Likes
Re: Vz Qtm FiOS 757/75 @ 1-5 Mbps Download Speed Every Night 7p-12a
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you testing to speedtest.verizon.net?

Or just speedtest.net (or another external speedtest site)?

Verizon (as well as most other ISPs) will only guarantee their netowrk performance.
If you can always get your contracted speed or better on speedtest.verizon.net, that means they are meeting their contractual obligations.

There maybe congestion at thier meet me points that they may not have control over.

0 Likes
Re: Vz Qtm FiOS 75/75 @ 1-5 Mbps Download Speed Every Night 7p-12a
gasguzzler

Subscription: Verizon Quantum FiOS 75/75

Issue: Since Upgrade & Installation Download Speed Is Being Deliberately Cut Down To1-5Mbps (Maximum) Every Night Always Starting At 7 PM And Ending At 12 AM (Midnight)

Since: Every Night More Than Three Weeks In A Row
Network Setup: See Post #1

This issue is approaching 4 weeks now. Internet download speed is knowingly being cut down by Verizon's Los Angeles area servers each night at 7 PM and lasting until 12 AM (midnight). No one at the Live Chat (Agents), Customer Service, Network Team, Field Techs, or Verizon Corporate Headquarters has a solution. Lots of apologies and excuses. VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. DOES ANYONE AT VERIZON NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS CARE ABOUT LOYAL CUSTOMERS? ARE WE ALL JUST A JOKE TO YOU?

Look for yourself at the 'service' I've consistently received each night (7pm to 12 am) since upgrading Quantum FiOS about four weeks ago:

mouse click this link for Verizon's Speed Test results the evening on Friday, February 5th, 2016: http://imgur.com/nFmYkf3

0 Likes
Re: Vz Qtm FiOS 75/75 @ 1-5 Mbps Download Speed Every Night 7p-12a
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not knowingly cut down.  SERVER overload in that area.  Apparently they are working on it or maybe you will have to see what Frontier does.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Quantum FiOS 75/75 @ 1-5 Mbps Download Speed Every Night 7p-12a
gasguzzler

Every night for the last 4 weeks, Verizon is DELIBERATELY AND KNOWINGLY cutting down my FiOS download speed from 7 PM to 12 AM (midnight) to no more than 1-5 Mbps speed. Outside of those hours my service is normal. This 'quality' of service is UNUSABLE AND UNACCEPTABLE. Verizon's India Chat Agents, Customer Service, Network Team and Field Techs have acknowledged the problem as Verizon's own Los Angeles area servers. They've all offered lots of excuses and apologies, but no solutions. VERIZON DOES NOT PROVIDE THE SERVICE IN THEIR CONTRACT TERMS WITH CUSTOMERS, NOR ARE THEY LEGALLY BOUND TO FULFILL THEIR PART OF THE CONTRACTS WE AS CONSUMERS ARE LOCKED INTO WITH THEM. This is just wrong, wrong, wrong.

SHAME ON Verizon's Corporate Board of Directors, and national Vice-Presidents for allowing and breeding this shabby service. NO ONE AT VERIZON CARES ABOUT LOYAL CUSTOMERS.

Look for yourself at the 'quality' of service I'm receiving again tonight in Los Angeles and obligated to pay for each month. Mouse click this link of my speed reported at Verizon's own test page: http://imgur.com/Rph0FCU

0 Likes
Re: Vz Qtm FiOS 757/75 @ 1-5 Mbps Download Speed Every Night 7p-12a
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi gasguzzler,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes