VzDetectAgent.exe causing wakeup
Bozanimal
Enthusiast - Level 1

Greetings:

My Windows 7 PC is waking up after being put to sleep. I've turned off Wake On Lan, Wake on Pattern, Mouse and Keyboard wake functions, and all Bios Wake on Lan settings. Still, it turns on.

I ran "powercgf lastwake" from the command line and received the process owner: VzDetectAgent.exe

Firstly, what is the purpose of this executable? And secondly, how do I shut it down to prevent it from waking up my sleeping PC? It needs its beauty rest.

Thank you,

Boz

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VzDetectAgent.exe causing wakeup
Bozanimal
Enthusiast - Level 1

There were four programs published by Verizon in my Programs panel. I removed both In Home Agent tools, and it did not get rid of VzDetectAgent.exe. I had to remove IHA_MessageCenter to get rid of the executable, just in case anyone else runs into this issue in the future.

Thank you!

Boz

View solution in original post

Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Sounds like it is the Verizon IHA (In Home Agent) program. Check your programs to see if IHA is there and uninstall it.

Bozanimal
Enthusiast - Level 1

There were four programs published by Verizon in my Programs panel. I removed both In Home Agent tools, and it did not get rid of VzDetectAgent.exe. I had to remove IHA_MessageCenter to get rid of the executable, just in case anyone else runs into this issue in the future.

Thank you!

Boz

GSzinArlington

Wow, thanks for posting this, this has been happening with my PC for months and it's been driving me crazy but I hadn't had time to investigate.  After seeing that "VzDetectAgent.exe" was waking the computer up from sleep mode [constantly] I searched on that program and found this post, thank you so much, and wth verizon?  The agent that set up FIOS in my home 2 years ago said he HAD to install that thing on my PC and I said no several times and he said he had to and I could do what I want to remove it after he left.  Wish I would have never allowed it. 

0 Likes
PharmMan

There must be a way to turn off IHA w/o uninstalling the entire program.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could find its STARTUP somewhere.  Since I personally recommend completely uninstalling it, I never checked where the startup is. 

There is really nothing included in it that you can't do just as easy without it installed.  The Web version is better, and its built-in to the STB's.

0 Likes
Jeff_in_Burke

Thanks all, this has been bugging me for a long time.  Now i have gotten rid of it.

0 Likes
FWEhr
Contributor - Level 1

I too have been recently afflicted with this apparent c**p from Verizon. Thanks for the pointers re: uninstalling both the agent and IHA_messagecenter.

0 Likes
FWEhr
Contributor - Level 1

A quick follow-up. After uninstalling both Verizon packages, the spontaneous wake seems to be gone. FYI, Verizon did not do a clean uninstall of the IHA_messagecenter - it left several hundred files in that directory, so I removed them manually.

[Windows 7 HP]

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Go to run on your computer and type msconfig.Click the services tab and scroll down until you find IHA_messagecenter and disable it.

0 Likes