WAN Coax Link Down. Support won't do anything.
Purks123

I've been having this issue since I've had Verizon Internet, including before they laid Fios to my area. The past week I've been trying to get the problem fixed. They sent me a new router and it's been 7 days and I'm still getting the problem.

My internet will go down. My rotuer stays on, but the WAN Coax light and Internet light cut off.

In the past 7 days, it has went down 11 times. I contacted support and they want to send a tech out to look at things. Except charge me $91.00 for the first 30 minutes he is here and more for every other 30 minutes. No way am I going to pay for a tech to come and get their service up and running.

This is the log from just today.

May 14 14:10:04 2014System LogWAN ETHWAN Ethernet Link Up
May 14 14:10:04 2014System LogWAN CoaxWAN Coax Link Up
May 14 14:09:09 2014System LogWAN ETHWAN Ethernet Link Down
May 14 14:09:09 2014System LogWAN CoaxWAN Coax Link Down
May 14 14:08:34 2014System LogWAN ETHWAN Ethernet Link Up
May 14 14:08:34 2014System LogWAN CoaxWAN Coax Link Up
May 14 14:06:49 2014System LogWAN ETHWAN Ethernet Link Down
May 14 14:06:48 2014System LogWAN CoaxWAN Coax Link Down

I've seen multiple reports on this issue, all saying once the ONT was replaced the problem went away. Verizon support refuses to send a tech out without charging me.

0 Likes
Re: WAN Coax Link Down. Support won't do anything.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We hadn't heard from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Amanda_M

0 Likes
DCox7636

I have had this exact same problem now for over 2 years.  We literally lost internet connection on a daily basis over 200 times per day.  I would see the Wan Coax Link down then it would come right back up and happen about 200 times per day.  I just now today finally had a tech come out to the house and he looked at the system log and saw the 200 down's per day and new immediately what the problem was.  I live in Ft. Worth, Tx and he immediately asked if we were TXU energy customers and I said Yes.  He said the problem is since txu switched out the meter to a SMART box it sends out a signal several times per day and when it sends that signal is when I lose internet connection and he said it is because that SMART energy box is right next to the Verizon Fios ONT.  Mine was, so he did replace the ONT but said the problem really is because the ONT is right next to the TXU box and just needed to be moved over a couple feet, he did this as well.  This literally happened an hour ago but we haven't had WAN Coax is down since so far.  I just had a little faith restored in Verizon today and am so thankful I finally had the tech come out and look.  There would've been a charge had it not been an issue with Verizon equipment but since there was, there was no charge for me.

0 Likes