WCB3000N Button blinks RED
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Followed exactly the Basic Instructions that came with the WCB3000N  Wireless Ethernet Coax Bridge

Power Green

Coax    Green

2.4G     Green blinks for a while then solid again

5G         Green

WPS Button  blinks RED   IS THIS NORMAL ?....IF NOT …HOW DO I FIX IT ?

From my M1424WR Rev F

Device Information for WCB3000N

Network Connection       Bridge   

Lease Type                         Dynamic

Status                                  Active

Remote Access                  Enabled 

IP & MAC Addresses        ASSIGNED

WiFi signal strength now SEEMS to give me better coverage than before.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WCB3000N Button blinks RED
bbinnard
Contributor - Level 3

No, it is not normal for the WPS light top be red.  However, this should not cause you any problems becuase WPS is used only to connect a new device "automatically"; i. e., without requiring the user to enter the network password.

In your case, since the WCB3000N was added to your existing network with all your devices already aware of and connected to it, WPS has no real use for you.  

You might check if something has caused teh WPS button to be stuck in the depressed position.  If not I'd expect the red light to go green after the WPS function times out due to no network device answering it.

It is not surprising that you have experienced improved wireless performance with the WCB3000N active.  It not only provides an additional wireless access point, but it is a dual band device - as opposed to your router being single bad - and this means it can support double of wireless throughput of your router.

View solution in original post

bbinnard
Contributor - Level 3

No, it is not normal for the WPS light top be red.  However, this should not cause you any problems becuase WPS is used only to connect a new device "automatically"; i. e., without requiring the user to enter the network password.

In your case, since the WCB3000N was added to your existing network with all your devices already aware of and connected to it, WPS has no real use for you.  

You might check if something has caused teh WPS button to be stuck in the depressed position.  If not I'd expect the red light to go green after the WPS function times out due to no network device answering it.

It is not surprising that you have experienced improved wireless performance with the WCB3000N active.  It not only provides an additional wireless access point, but it is a dual band device - as opposed to your router being single bad - and this means it can support double of wireless throughput of your router.

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
Tnx for your prompt reply
Since I posted...WPS RED BUTTON IS NOW SOLID GREEN
DID NOT DO ANYTHING TO ACCOMPLISH THIS

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOURS.

0 Likes