WCB6200Q not working
Medinaj68

Less than a year ago I purchased 2 of the WCB6200Q network extenders at first they worked great and then stopped working. I had to resort to completely factory resetting them and reconnecting them which worked but now a few months later I have the same problem they are no longer bridging my network connection. Is there a way to fix this from happening every few months? Given the price of these extenders and the price I pay for Fios it’s getting to be a bit ridiculous that I have to struggle to get adaquate coverage in my house.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WCB6200Q not working
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you can, try to find your home's main coax splitter. 

They are usually near your electrical panel, and looks something like this:

Check that all the coax connectors are as tight as they can be. I had this problem before and it went away after a few loose coax cables were tightened. I also had another client who's MoCA extenders flat out stopped working because his splitter got wet and began to corrode. 

View solution in original post

Re: WCB6200Q not working
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you can, try to find your home's main coax splitter. 

They are usually near your electrical panel, and looks something like this:

Check that all the coax connectors are as tight as they can be. I had this problem before and it went away after a few loose coax cables were tightened. I also had another client who's MoCA extenders flat out stopped working because his splitter got wet and began to corrode.