Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

WEP won't Stick?

prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: WEP won't Stick?

Message 11 of 11
(2,839 Views)

@nmc wrote:

I just want to say thank you Bob. I've now been at this for four hours and before I toss all the Verizon equipment out in the trash, I think I'll stop for tonight. Will try your suggestions in the morning....Verizon leaves me far from impressed.

Let me join in and defend the customer service reps. Wow never thought I would do that.

There are many different wireless cards software and drivers, so one could not expect the support person to know exactly what you are looking at in your system. As far as the WEP key is concerned, most security software will not display or echo back the same thing you type in. This is in case someone is looking over your shoulder.

Do as Bob stated and ask for a new router if you are only getting two bars with drop outs, and you are close to the router. Also you may look in your wireless connection software and see if there is another place you can connect with. If you are able to connect to another internet source, Then this will help isolate you issue. Wireless card or router. It could be the channel you are connecting with, if another wireless device is causing interference. There are many variables.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title