WHEN will fios be here?
smallz

I know it's not available here in Laurel DE yet, and I know I can sign up for email alerts for it, but there must be a way to find out at least an approximate time for it's arrival?????

0 Likes
Re: WHEN will fios be here?
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

These Forums are a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. If you need an answer from Verizon directly please Contact Us.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Smallz, This is a question that is asked all too frequently. And the answer is always the same unfortunatly. No there is no where you can go to even get a hint as to when it will be in your location. There are a few locations that have a list of construction areas that show the areas that plan on having the fios run into, but there is no time table. It could be weeks, it could be years. Verizon does not provide a rollout schedule. Not even one that says "in the year 20xx". The email notification is the only way of getting an idea and that only contacts you once it is ready to be sold.

donutz28
Enthusiast - Level 3

And with Verizon's goal of laying off or retiring 20k employees this year,   expect the rollout to be much slower.

0 Likes
pghunter
Enthusiast - Level 1

In my town, FIOS is available if you live in older homes that have above ground utilities including houses that are just across the main road from mine.  If you live in a newer home with underground utilties, you are SOL.  Verizon has an internal roll out schedule, they just don't want you to know it because if you see you aren't getting is in another 3 years, why wait.

I can't wait anymore.  The DSL service has been great but based on my distance to the CO, I'm out of bandwidth.  Too many X-box'es and computer on a single DSL line isn't hacking it anymore.  So for this, Verizon is going to lose my phone business and DSL business both of which must be money makers for them.