WIFI connect and Windows 7 - Verizon claims it works but it doesn't
drjochen

So, here Verizon claims that Wifi connect is"fully compatible" with 32 and 64 bit Windows 7:

http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/HighSpeed/General+Support/Top+Questions/QuestionsOne/125554...

I tried to install the software on my new Windows 7 64 bit laptop and it doesn't work. The installer tells me to upgrade to XP or Vista and the quits!

What's the deal here?

0 Likes
Re: WIFI connect and Windows 7 - Verizon claims it works but it doesn't
tekf00l
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem. Until I stumbled on a work around in another forum. Once you get to the point that you are told you don't have a compatible OS, exit out of the dialog box. On your desktop, there should now be an icon called 'Resume WiFi Installation' or something similar.

Right click on this icon, then click Properties. Click on the Compatibility tab. Check Run this program in compatibility mode and pick Windows Vista from the drop down list. Click OK.

Restart the install program by double clicking the 'Resume WiFi Installation' icon from your desktop and the it should run fine from there. At least it did on mine.

I hope this helps.

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

also make sure that you are using the full licenced version of Windows 7 that was released 10/22/09, All prior versions are considered "BETA" and the beta versions are not supported by Verizon.

0 Likes
kickinkz

This is ridiculous. I was having the same issues, Followed your instructions and it installed, no problems anymore.

My only questions is this....Why can't the Verizon tech support guys explain this when you call? The guy I spoke with told me that it would be sometime this month before a fix would be out...wow. Thank you MS for compatibility mode.

And thanks for the tip!!!

Phil

0 Likes