WPA2 PSK Help
Wander3

Hi, i just got verizon Fios and I changed it to WPA2 PSk AES using ASCII. It aways generates the same 26 digit/letter passphrase. Is it safe to use this key? Will other Verizon Fios customers in mny area have the same generarated phrase or is it random for everyone. Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WPA2 PSK Help
prisaz
Legend
0 Likes
lou611661
Contributor - Level 1

I would change the passkey it to your own,i hope you enjoy the service i have had it since january 3rd and am real happy with it..

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@Wander wrote:

Hi, i just got Verizon Fios and I changed it to WPA2 PSk AES using ASCII. It aways generates the same 26 digit/letter passphrase.

Which router do you have?  Actiontec rev. F?

Did you enter your own passphrase in the pre-shared key field?

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I like this key generator. It is another ISP's site I believe.

http://www.yellowpipe.com/yis/tools/WPA_key/generator.php

0 Likes
Wander3

Yes i have the actiontec rev. F. I didnt enter any passphrase in the pre shared key field, there was already a 26 digit one there, is it saef to use that? WIll other users have the same key?

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Wander wrote:

Yes i have the actiontec rev. F. I didnt enter any passphrase in the pre shared key field, there was already a 26 digit one there, is it saef to use that? WIll other users have the same key?

Most people would eneter some passphrase that is meaningful for themselves rather than relying on something that the hardware manufacturer generated by using some rule that might end up creating the same key for everyone.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Not likely that my Maximum WPA Security (63 characters/504 bits) would be duplicated. But then it is not easy to enter or remember.

0 Likes