Wait for engineering or go with cox?
WBurn
Verizon came out to install fios yesterday, but apparently since the fios line comes into my neighbors garage (duplex) they need to run a "micro duct" over to my garage to install the battery backup in my part of the duplex. I was told someone would call me but not given a timeline. I called several people in tech support and sales/billing and all gave the same answer that engineering had the issue, but no one could give me a time estimate..a day, a month? Any idea how long it takes to even get a call from engineering or how long it takes them to fix something? It's ridiculous that my install is being held up by them, but I can't speak to anyone from that department directly. At what point should I just cancel my order and go to COX? My wife and kids have gone without Internet/tv for 2 weeks already...and admittedly, I'm losing patience as well.
0 Likes
Re: Wait for engineering or go with cox?
supernet2-alt

Sounds like garbage to me. They dont "NEED" to go through your neighbors garage. Thats just someone being lazy and not setting up a DEDICATED line for you. I'd ask questions immediately and demand answers. If your paying for a service your not getting, ask for a refund, give it 30 days TOPS, if it takes longer go to the BBB and file a complaint, get your money back and move to a different service. Im already looking into getting comcast fiberoptics or "infinity" to replace verizon if my speeds keep just magically disappearing.

As for your issue. Its not hard to make the fiber optic ends, or what not, just the tools to make the plugs and or parts are expensive thats all. I contract out for that sorta thing so i dont see the problem with why their giving you the run around.

Keep a log of all activity, ticket #s, any form of logging, and if your allowed to within your state, notify them you'll also be recording the call when and if you do make any calls with verizon customer support so that you have proof of your attempts to get help for a service you pay for but haven't been getting. This just strengthens your resolve to get a refund, and or basically lash out and give you a good reason to move over to a provider who does care.

Personally i'd wait though, try exausting your resources, go into a verizon store directly and ask questions, ask for the name of the person, and keep that information logged. Make sure you get valid contact numbers of who to talk to, and who will give you a check up with. If their not holding their end of the contract, providing you with a service within a reasonable time, then you can easily get out of a contract with verizon. Just a heads up.

Edit: Also engineering is just another fancy name for a technican they send out to the work site (in this case your house) to basically run a direct FiOS line to your house (dedicated) and or get out their to do what they gotta do. Most likely its FiOS cabling, and then the making of or salvaging of a coax to link your box to whatever your going for.

0 Likes