Was seemingly lied to by rep, left dangling in the wind by the investigators.
JM1232

Late July/early August I signed a 2 year contract to get a gigabyte connection, an upgrade from my 50/50.

I nearly cancelled all together, because a competitor offered a decent deal I was interested in, but the rep on the phone convinced me to stay for the gigabyte.

On this call, I specifically asked if she was negletcing any fees, and again just as specifically mentioned any installation fees. She said after checking - I would not need to pay any fee as I already had wires installed. I agreed, and signed up.

Weeks later I called asking why my internet had not sped up - I was told by the new rep that "it's weird, your account is in a kind of limbo I've never seen before - and it appears to be because you have not picked your installation date." 

That was $99 extra and the rep said they'd investigate. To me - this sounds like an unscrupulous woman who wanted to boost her sales figures at my expense.

I called again on the 15th and was told a formal investigation would begin and take 3-5 days, I have not heard back from anyone.

I plan on calling customer service, corporate, and then the state AG in that order to try and get this resolved. Anyone on here have advice on how to navigate this problem I did everything in my power to avoid?

0 Likes
Re: Was seemingly lied to by rep, left dangling in the wind by the investigators.
jonjones1
Legend

Well bumping your speed does not trigger any install charges unless you were on coaxial which at 50/50 I believe you are using.

verizon would need to roll a truck to switch you over to ethernet at your home. However Verizon can manually swap you from coaxial to ethernet capability via a telephone call.

the coaxial needs to go. They will do it, after they confirm the install date.

so technically the person was not lying to you on purpose. But should have known it would involve a switch over at premise and get charged the $99

now if you had speeds above 100/100 you are already on ethernet, it then would have been NO INSTALL CHARGE since it’s simple provisioning to the higher speeds.

what you need is to have Verizon Fios send out a installer and you then will pay that fee. To avoid the fee run ethernet from your ONT to your inside location and plug in the ethernet in the ONT. If you cannot do that you will need Verizon to do for you for a fee.

if you don’t want to pay that, and you are not in any contract you can go where you like.

0 Likes
Re: Was seemingly lied to by rep, left dangling in the wind by the investigators.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JM123,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes