Watch Live TV on PC
anonFios
Contributor - Level 2

Is it possible to watch live TV on your PC like you can on Android/iOS?

0 Likes
Re: Watch Live TV on PC
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

@anonFios wrote:

Is it possible to watch live TV on your PC like you can on Android/iOS?

In response to the general question you ask, a general answer - YES!

Now, how do you watch live TV on your PC on the set up you have at your house?  To help you answer that one, we will need to know a lot more about that FiOS services you are subscribed to, and what the network setup is there.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Many Fios TV channels can be viewed on your PC, but not all. They have expanded the list before, and with hope they will expand it more.I have found thes to be really cool because available channels you access their on demand content straight from the PC just as if you were at a Verizon STB or DVR.

Go here for On demand of Network channels, and also Live Broadcast, or Current TV Programming. You will need to select your provider and login to get the content. I like HBO Go, Stars Play is another that can be connected even directly to the PC if you have a Verizon account.

http://entertainment.verizon.com/tv/3/landing/

I hope this helps, and is more complete information.

anonFios
Contributor - Level 2

@prisaz wrote:

Many Fios TV channels can be viewed on your PC, but not all. They have expanded the list before, and with hope they will expand it more.I have found thes to be really cool because available channels you access their on demand content straight from the PC just as if you were at a Verizon STB or DVR.

Go here for On demand of Network channels, and also Live Broadcast, or Current TV Programming. You will need to select your provider and login to get the content. I like HBO Go, Stars Play is another that can be connected even directly to the PC if you have a Verizon account.

http://entertainment.verizon.com/tv/3/landing/

I hope this helps, and is more complete information.

I've found that page before and looked all around that page, but have never found an option to watch Live TV.

All I see is the ability to view episodes of shows from networks, but no Live TV. Where is it exactly?

EDIT: I was expecting the same line up of channels to be available as are available to watch on mobile devices when out of the home. Turns out that the lineup available via PC is only a tiny fraction of that limited lineup. None of the channels I had previously checked allowed PC streaming. It wasn't until I decided to check most channels that I discovered that you actually can stream a few (though I never actually was able to get PC streaming to work).

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Not all of them allow streaming. Tou must select the channel and see if it alows it. At one time there were very few, and then I believe last year they added more. But if you subscribe to some of the preniums, you can watch on a PC. I have the Total entertainment pack with all the premiums for like $24.95. I watch HBO go and stuff from my smart Samy, and it is also available from the PC. Ithink it is great. Plus all those premium channels are still 50% off for a year I believe. You just click on that your a verizon customer and log in with your Verizon Account password and stream you go.

Select Login at bottom left and select Verizon customer. It may take a bit the first time until it checks your account.

Strange today it kicks me out everytime I select a title to play. Now I need to check HBO Go because it was working!Smiley Mad

http://www.starzplay.com/

Perhaps it does not like playing from a PC. I need to check out from the smart TV. But I need to do house chores.

0 Likes