Website and App Issues when using my own router
LiS1231
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance for your help! I am using my own router with Fios, the Internet is working fine, but I have 2 questions.

1. When I log into website and app, I cannot see a summary regarding my Internet(IP addresses, etc.). I got an error message "We encountered an error while processing your request. Please try again later." on the website, and 2 error messages "IPAddress And Serial Number Missing" and "There was an error getting SON status." from the app. How can I resolve this?

2. Does anyone have experience getting ipv6 to work using own router? I am using Asus RT-AC68U, which supports ipv6, but I couldn't get it to work. I am in Queens, NY, by the way.

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Website and App Issues when using my own router
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can ignore the error in #1. It is trying to poll the Verizon router for whether or not the SON feature for Wi-Fi is enabled. With the router unplugged, it won't be able to do that. 

For IPv6, very few areas have IPv6 on FiOS, as they are performing a slow roll-out. Rumor on DSLReports has it that there are some issues happening in some areas that need to be resolved by a vendor or by a software upgrade which Verizon will need to do prior to IPv6 being deployed. But settings wise, set your ASUS router to use "DHCPv6-PD", Stateless Addressing, and request a prefix size of 64. When IPv6 is ready in your area, your router will receive an address from the network, and your home network will receive an IPv6 block.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can ignore the error in #1. It is trying to poll the Verizon router for whether or not the SON feature for Wi-Fi is enabled. With the router unplugged, it won't be able to do that. 

For IPv6, very few areas have IPv6 on FiOS, as they are performing a slow roll-out. Rumor on DSLReports has it that there are some issues happening in some areas that need to be resolved by a vendor or by a software upgrade which Verizon will need to do prior to IPv6 being deployed. But settings wise, set your ASUS router to use "DHCPv6-PD", Stateless Addressing, and request a prefix size of 64. When IPv6 is ready in your area, your router will receive an address from the network, and your home network will receive an IPv6 block.

LiS1231
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Smith,

Thanks for your quick reply!

I thought about the same thing about #1, thanks for clarifying it for me. It is just annoying with all the red errors lol.

I am trying to apply the settings to my router, but it seems like the options are a little different. It never allows me to identify a prefix. Anyway, I will figure it out. Thank you!

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

ASUS routers typically default to 64 as the prefix size. You'd need a larger prefix if you run VLANs on your network to ensure you're not breaking IPv6 for Android devices (SLAAC works best with a /64).

Dera2

Had same issue, the fix was rebooted the router and signed out and signed back in to the Fios app. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes