I take the same exact path on my traces.
O.P. here, can confirm addresses in the 100.x.x.x range seem to be the issue. By chance, I released my WAN IP for 10-15 minutes and just got a new one in the 71.x.x.x range- everything is awesome.
I got tired of waiting for Verizon to fix their routing tables. Released my IP address, unplugged router, waited 5 minutes to turn it back on and got a 96.252.x.x IP. Seems to work fine, now.
That worked for me on a test machine to prove to them it was their problem, but now I always land in 100.xx sadness. Glad to hear folks are having some luck. I'll give it another go.
Sometime between 2 AM and 7 AM this morning Verizon finally fixed the router here in Boston that was giving all of us with 100. IP addresses problems.
Can confirm that I tested around 9:30 am eastern and it's now working for me as well.