Re: Weird entry on my Forward page of Verizon router
Verizoned2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I ended up doing the factory reset to the router. Besides having that weird entry, I had a newer reason to do it. A few days ago Verizon finally convinced me to upgrade my package to a "Quantum" speed. I was happy with my 25/25 but for a small raise (the same they were asking before to only go to 50/50 and I always refused), I got 75/75 and a bunch of premium channels for 2 years. That convinced me! 🙂

So, they sent me two new boxes, now called Server and Client. Upon installing them they automatically created new unremovable entries in the router and the older ones, from the older boxes, didn't go away, so I had too many bogus and unnecessary unremovable entries in my page. That was too much for me to bear. So, I did a factory reset, not by using the physical button on the back of the router but by using the web interface. You go to Advanced, Yes, Restore Defaults and click the Restore Defaults button.

Now I am in the process of manually entering my settings since I don't want to restore my saved configuration, must certainly it would bring back the entries I don't want.

The factory reset cleans the router from all those bad entries and the good ones too! 🙂 You start absolutely fresh.

0 Likes
Re: Weird entry on my Forward page of Verizon router
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes