Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Westell 9100em crashes periodically

Bluelake
Contributor
Contributor

Westell 9100em crashes periodically

Message 1 of 4
(3,989 Views)

I have had a Westell 9100em for about a year - (model no A90-9100EM15-10, firmware version 1.02.00.04),

Every so often, the router crashes and loses all configuration information. In addition, all log entries are wiped out except for a number of entries that read December 31, 2002. This usually happens when I am away and most dependent on having access to my network.

UPNP is disabled. I am using WPA/WPA2 security on the wireless. I have static mac addresses that are working fine when the router is up and my connection is coax.

More recently I have discovered that one thing that can cause it to crash is trying to access the wireless from a MAC laptop. Even if a machine is not authorized to access the wireless, I don't think it should be crashing the router,

Verizon replaced the router a couple months into this and it seemed to go away for awhile, but maybe I was just lucky and no MAC users were trying to access my wireless. It seems like a firmware issue and I see similar symptoms reported but only the one solution - turning off UPNP - which didn't help in my case. As near as I can tell, the firmware version I have is the latest. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Bluelake
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Westell 9100em crashes periodically

Message 2 of 4
(3,985 Views)

P.S. I also tried using a different wireless router configured as an access point, turning off the Westell wireless, but it still happens and can still be triggered by trying to access from a MAC laptop.

Computersteve42
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(3,916 Views)

This is a problem with verizons equipment i have the same issues. I recently was contacted by someone at verizon who is contacting the distributors of these routers. Hopefully they get the problems fixed. 

Computersteve42
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(2,401 Views)

The new firmware is out now for the Westell 9100em. After using it for sometime now I still notice the same issues with disconnects. I wish they would change us all the the new Actiontec Rev. G's.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title