Westell 9100em crashes periodically
Bluelake

I have had a Westell 9100em for about a year - (model no A90-9100EM15-10, firmware version 1.02.00.04),

Every so often, the router crashes and loses all configuration information. In addition, all log entries are wiped out except for a number of entries that read December 31, 2002. This usually happens when I am away and most dependent on having access to my network.

UPNP is disabled. I am using WPA/WPA2 security on the wireless. I have static mac addresses that are working fine when the router is up and my connection is coax.

More recently I have discovered that one thing that can cause it to crash is trying to access the wireless from a MAC laptop. Even if a machine is not authorized to access the wireless, I don't think it should be crashing the router,

Verizon replaced the router a couple months into this and it seemed to go away for awhile, but maybe I was just lucky and no MAC users were trying to access my wireless. It seems like a firmware issue and I see similar symptoms reported but only the one solution - turning off UPNP - which didn't help in my case. As near as I can tell, the firmware version I have is the latest. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Westell 9100em crashes periodically
Bluelake

P.S. I also tried using a different wireless router configured as an access point, turning off the Westell wireless, but it still happens and can still be triggered by trying to access from a MAC laptop.

0 Likes
Computersteve42
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a problem with verizons equipment i have the same issues. I recently was contacted by someone at verizon who is contacting the distributors of these routers. Hopefully they get the problems fixed. 

Computersteve42
Enthusiast - Level 3

The new firmware is out now for the Westell 9100em. After using it for sometime now I still notice the same issues with disconnects. I wish they would change us all the the new Actiontec Rev. G's.

0 Likes