What Speeds Should I Expect When Running the Fios Speed Test From My iPad?
FiosSad

I have the 150/150 plan, what speeds should I expect when running the Fios speed test from my iPad. What's really strange is that I did get 150/150 from my iPad using Fios speed test in the past, still have the screenshot. Several months ago I had slow and intermittent drops so called in, resetting helped. Then I noticed slow, like 24/30 range, so called in again. I was shipped a new router. Just connected and now getting 82/89 range. 

If anyone knows and can answer with answer that seems logical I would truly appreciate it.

0 Likes
Re: What Speeds Should I Expect When Running the Fios Speed Test From My iPad?
jonjones1
Legend

The iPad or iPhone can reach as high of around half of the provisioned speed you have.

since it is not connected via ethernet directly to the router wifi will be around half.

if you connect a computer to the router via ethernet you should be able to achieve the speed allocated 150/150 which in many cases 164/160 +/- 

so if the speeds from an ethernet connection are very low then it needs to be checked via Verizon's customer service 1-800-VERIZON 

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: What Speeds Should I Expect When Running the Fios Speed Test From My iPad?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What generation is your iPad? Also, is your router in 80Mhz mode or 40Mhz mode for 5Ghz, if you were to check the settings in it's web interface? Login information is on a sticker found on your router.

Most Apple products have 1x1 802.11ac radios, which can accomplish around 150Mbps-240Mbps in common cases. Only newer mobile products from Apple have started shipping with 2x2 802.11ac Wi-Fi radios, which will achieve higher performance in more situations. Very old Apple products, like the iPad 2, ship with 1x1 802.11n support only, and these tend to max around 40Mbps up and down. Slightly more modern ship with newer 1x1 802.11n chipsets that can handle more tha 20Mhz of bandwidth, and support tighter Guard Intervals, and might be able to score speeds closer to 100Mbps.

0 Likes