What does l 300/300 HSI install include? Does it include cable from router to one PC?
idreos1
Enthusiast - Level 1
I am having a Fios 300/300 internet install tomorrow (no tv package) and wondering how is the installer going to connect the ONT to the fios supplied router.
I currently have xfinity. The old cable enters the house in the basement going to a splitter which supplies two outs. One is routed to a cable distribution network system. One wall outlet connects to an existing router in the kitchen. There are wall cable outlets in a family room and a bedroom. These outlets have coax cables going to tvs.
It is my understanding the install will include cable routing to one PC
Is the fios installer likely to run a cable to the new fios gateway router?
Will a CAT cable be run to one PC?
Is he likely to connect the fios router to the existing cable? Any insight into the proper way such an HSI install should be done would be appreciated
0 Likes
Re: What does l 300/300 HSI install include? Does it include cable from router to one PC?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Anything over 100 mbps requires ethernet wiring from ONT to the FiOS Gateway router(G1100). Any other ethernet runs will come at a charge. There’s is really no need to connect the coax unless you plan to use MoCA adapters. 

0 Likes