What does the system log on my router actually show? (G1100)
Animaul
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a G1100 router that has a menu option called system logs. What does this actually show and does it allow me to see what devices on my network are going to (i.e. an iphone on my wifi going to a website)?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What does the system log on my router actually show? (G1100)
jonjones1
Legend

@Animaulwrote:

The manual says "System logging provides a view of the most recent activity of your Gateway". That is a broad description that does not really answer my question

But it is what it is. Broad may not help you. Outside a downloaded program that does more than what this Verizon (Greenwave) Router can achieve.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

I thought I already answered this.

https://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/fios-qgr-userguide1409251.pdf

It tells you what the logs show. Read the manual for guidance.

Animaul
Enthusiast - Level 2

The manual says "System logging provides a view of the most recent activity of your Gateway". That is a broad description that does not really answer my question

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Animaulwrote:

But it is what it is. Broad may not help you. Outside a downloaded program that does more than what this Verizon (Greenwave) Router can achieve.

Are there any resources to help interpret system log codes?
Veg2

Are there any resources out there - books, websites, programs - that you recommend to learn how to interpret system log codes?  I have read the router user's manual, but I do not know what many of the codes in the system log mean.  I would like to know, and I am willing to do the work to learn.  Thank you!

0 Likes
JohnJr4

I would actually like a description of the fields in the details section of the security log an the possible field contents.  By itself to the uninitiated, the explanation here doesn't help much.

0 Likes