What is the verizon login?
Createmore4me

So I switched to a different router and not connected to the fios gateway anymore but when I go to 192.168.1.1 it goes to the verizon login page and when i go to routerlogin.net my netgear router login page shows up. So how do I get rid of fios that is stuck on 192.168.1.1? I am running ethernet from ont so I don't use the router from verizon anymore but it still goes to verizon login router page when I type 192.168.1.1.

I tried the default password from the gateway and I tried my password that i put on the gateway but i still cant go inside the router of the verizon even though its not hooked up.

0 Likes
Re: What is the verizon login?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the Verizon router disconnected and powered off?

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The Quantum was released from DHCP? If not you must rehook it and go into the Quantum settings (it must be powered on and connected via ethernet from the ONT)

then go in and do a DHCP release and pull the power immediately. 

Or just unhook everything and wait two hours, then hook only the Netgear router on the internet. Also make sure you hit the reset button on the Netgear router as to get a proper dhcp and then you should be all set.

the other idea the poster stated is also correct in clearing the cache on the browser you are using to login at 192.168.1.1 

0 Likes
Createmore4me

I have tried clearing the cache even tried multiple browsers and yes my dhcp was released before changing to the netgear. Still verizon login page keeps popping up as 192.168.1.1 but i cant even login with the same info or the default info.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

You said you tried multiple browsers. Did you try logging on with say an iPad or android tablet? Instead of a computer.

you can also try from a cell phone that is on the same network. That is dependent on their being a viable network.

you could try just setting the Quantum as primary (ont-ethernet to the WAN port on the Quantum) then after turning the Netgear on you could set it in access point mode which is easy on Netgear routers (routerlogin.net) then take an ethernet from the Quantum’s LAN to the WAN port on the Netgear which then should function.

yep it would mean 192.168.1.1 will be for the Quantum and routerlogin.net to access the Netgear. If you assign a dedicated IP address for the Netgear you could access it like 192.168.1.150 or any other IP address you can assign.

0 Likes
Createmore4me

The point of this is I don't want verizon none sense on my network. I don't want to make an access point where I might still need to get into verizon web page to adjust some couple things here and there.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Well then your next step is http://www.netgear.com 

search the help forums there.

it is inconceivable that a router is or will show up after it’s removed from service.

if a browser cache cleanout did not clear the address. I would try another access

if available for the router you want to use.

its got me stumped. Try the Netgear forum.

Good Luck

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you in an Apartment complex by chance, and do you have any MoCa adapters attached to the same network your Netgear is creating? How about PowerLine adapters?

If the FiOS Quantum Gateway is truly disconnected and powered off, and you've cleared your browser cache entirely (heck try a Private Browsing / InPrivate / Incognito session), you might have another router somewhere on the network using the same 192.168.1.1 IP which is a Verizon router. Or perhaps your computer is connected to Wi-Fi and wired at the same time and somehow a neighboring network is one you have the password for (or simply saved if it's unsecured).

0 Likes