What’s the best router to replace the one I’m renting from Verizon.
NYYankss
Enthusiast - Level 2

What’s the best router to replace the one I’m renting from Verizon. My speed is 980/880 MBps, and I have the Fios quantom  gateway router.

0 Likes
Re: What’s the best router to replace the one I’m renting from Verizon.
jonjones1
Legend

@NYYankss wrote:

What’s the best router to replace the one I’m renting from Verizon. My speed is 980/880 MBps, and I have the Fios quantom  gateway router.

I am partial to Netgear routers I use the R8500 nighthawk. It's expensive. However if you have the money there are newer Netgear nighthawks with the newer wifi 6 as well as the faster AX (can fall back to ac/n/g/b) but like I said expensive $450-$600 

you could get an Asus or a TP link Archer for less.

NYYankss
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got this one but I don't care for it.

TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@NYYankss wrote:

I got this one but I don't care for it.

TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router

I would get a new Netgear and try it within the return period. If you like it, keep it. If not just return to computer store.

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have FiOS TV service with Verizon set-top-boxes, using a non-Verizon router is difficult and completely unsupported by Verizon.  If this is true for you, you can avoid the rental fee by purchasing a new router from Verizon or a used one online (just be sure the seller has a fair return policy) .

If you are internet only, a non-Verizon router will work fine.  It, too, will be unsupported by Verizon, but this is not typically an issue for non TV users.  Follow suggestions posted here or on other sites to help make your choice.

Good Luck.

NYYankss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh yeah I do have the TV until July then I'm thinking about canceling it 

0 Likes