What's the best way to contest the delivered WAN speed?
Northwoods3
Enthusiast - Level 2

In my never ending quest (it seems) to get control of my home network, I replaced by Verizon equipment with all ubiquiti devices. These allow for routine logging of WAN speeds. My speeds are only 75% of the promised delivery speeds (150 instead of the promised 200).

This is consistent; tested at the router to the WAN repeatedly over multiple days during periods of low traffic. I also receive the same numbers using the Verizon speed test, removing all other internal devices from the router and connecting directly to the router using a  hard-wired computer.

Is there some where I can contact Verizon that doesn't involve me staying on the phone for hours repeatedly rebooting my router etc and speak to someone about this? I'm reluctant to upgrade my service given the quality of what they seem to be able to deliver.

0 Likes
Re: What's the best way to contest the delivered WAN speed?
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Northwoods wrote:

My speeds are only 75% of the promised delivery speeds (150 instead of the promised 200).

Most of the regions are actually provisioned at 300/300 instead of 200/200.

Speed test results are logged into your account if you are signed-in and has a Verizon router as your primary router. I suggest you to swap back a Verizon router then run the speed test while you are signed into My Verizon.

If the speeds are still less than provisioned, please contact Fios support (24/7/365) through social media channels (Twitter or Facebook) or online chat. Phone support should be your last resort for saving your precious time and reducing stress on support Centers.

When you are connected with a representative in a secure chat via verizon.com, you can ask the representative to pull up your speed test on your account and determine if there is an issue.