Switch Account

What service speed does the Actiontec MI424WR Rev I. support

What service speed does the Actiontec MI424WR Rev I. support

Contributor Bloome
Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(457 Views)

I have an Actiontec MI424WR Rev I. gateway and I'm looking to sign up for FIOS service.  I saw a note in the sign up process that says using this device would limit my connection to 50mbps, however, I know that this device supports faster connection speeds.  Does anyone know if I can use this device for a 100mbps plan or faster?

To be clear, I'm not referring to WiFi speed.  I have my own router and plan to bypass the Wifi functionality of the Actiontec MI424WR Rev I.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Gold Contributor VI Gold Contributor VI
Gold Contributor VI
Message 2 of 5
(455 Views)

The Actiontec Rev I has gigabit ports so it will definitely support more than 50 mbps. That note you saw is incorrect. Verizon was actually installing those routers for 300/300 before the Quantum Gateway even came out.

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 5
(361 Views)

While I agree with the post above mine, more than likely they were talling about one of these:

a) The max number of computers that the router supports

OR

b) The max speed that you will get with the max number of computers that your router supports

OR

c) The max Wi-Fi speed.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Gold Contributor V Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Message 4 of 5
(323 Views)

Here's the whole enchilada. 

enjoy!!

https://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/vz_bhr3_rev_i_user_manual.pdf

Tom
QIP 7100 1,Bose SOLO,QIP 7216 P2, iPad 2 WiFi,iPhone SE
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 5 of 5
(253 Views)

Couple of comments:

1) If you are not using FiOS STB for TV service (or no TV service at all) then you can use your own router.

2) To use speeds over 100M (or if using your own rotuer) you will need an ethernet connection (coax only goes up to 100M) from ont to location of your router.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.