What type of cable connector SC/APC or SC/UPC to ONT

SOLVED
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

What type of cable connector SC/APC or SC/UPC to ONT

Message 1 of 2
(295 Views)

I need to extend fiber going into ONT, is it SC/APC or SC/UPC connector?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: What type of cable connector SC/APC or SC/UPC to ONT

Message 2 of 2
(272 Views)

I saw your thread over at https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32821729-ONT-Extend-FIOS-fiber-optic-cable-without-moving-ONT

Considering the replies back including not limited to this one..

DSLR User gs0b #1900599, wrote:

As I understand, the fiber from the ONT back is owned and managed by Verizon. While you can purchase fiber equipment that will plug into it, if anything goes wrong you'll own it. And they will charge a lot of money to fix it. It's probably best to let them handle relocating the fiber.

..it is best that Verizon do that.

While true-ly solved, it does not matter to you. Of best Interest let Verizon handle their equipment and their cable.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: What type of cable connector SC/APC or SC/UPC to ONT

Message 2 of 2
(273 Views)

I saw your thread over at https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32821729-ONT-Extend-FIOS-fiber-optic-cable-without-moving-ONT

Considering the replies back including not limited to this one..

DSLR User gs0b #1900599, wrote:

As I understand, the fiber from the ONT back is owned and managed by Verizon. While you can purchase fiber equipment that will plug into it, if anything goes wrong you'll own it. And they will charge a lot of money to fix it. It's probably best to let them handle relocating the fiber.

..it is best that Verizon do that.

While true-ly solved, it does not matter to you. Of best Interest let Verizon handle their equipment and their cable.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.